Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Home Thoughts, and Public Utterances, on Entertaining and Practical Subjects
William Baldwin Affleck
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
angels Band of Hope Battle beauty become better Bible bless blood body bring brother called cause character Christ Christian church clothed coming dear death divine drink earth eternal evil eyes father feel fight fire follow friends future give glorious glory half hand happy hath heart heaven holy honour hour human Jesus John keep kind labour lead leave License light live Look Lord means meeting mind mother nature never night once pass peace persons pleasure poor rest rich schools seen side sing sitting smile soon sorrow soul spirit strong suffering sure sweet teach tears tell temperance thee There's things thou thought thousand told tongue true truth turn unto wise woman wrong young
57. oldal - There is a spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest, Where Man, creation's tyrant, casts aside His sword and sceptre, pageantry and pride, While in his softened looks benignly blend The sire, the son, the husband, brother, friend : Here woman reigns ; the mother, daughter, wife, Strews with fresh flowers the narrow way of life; In the clear heaven of her delightful eye, An angel-guard of loves and graces lie ; Around her knees domestic duties meet, And fireside pleasures...
143. oldal - Who hath woe ? who hath sorrow ? who hath contentions ? who hath babbling ? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine ; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
189. oldal - My heart leaps up when I behold A rainbow in the sky : So was it when my life began ; So is it now I am a man ; So be it when I shall grow old, Or let me die ! " The child is father of the man ; And I could wish my days to be Bound each to each by natural piety.
154. oldal - And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience ; .and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
144. oldal - And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, And wine, are in their feasts: But they regard not the work of the Lord, Neither consider the operation of his hands.
143. oldal - They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.
180. oldal - Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies. The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
179. oldal - If there be among you a poor man of one of thy brethren within any of thy gates in thy land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not harden thine heart, nor shut thine hand from thy poor brother: but thou shalt open thine hand wide unto him, and shalt surely lend him sufficient for his need, in that which he wanteth.
181. oldal - When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me; because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me : and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.