Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action agricultural America appeared authority beauty become belief better Bill Bishop British called carry cause century Church clear Colonies common complete continued cost criticism dancing direct Doctrine doubt effect engine England English existence experience expression fact farming feeling followed force France French give given Government hand hold Home House human idea important increase Indian industry interest Italy labour land less Liberal living Lord matter means merely methods mind nature never once opinion original party passed poet political possible practical present principle produced question reason regard result rule secure seems sense society steam strike things thought true United wages whole woman women writing young
98. oldal - He who begins by loving Christianity better than Truth, will proceed by loving his own sect or Church better than Christianity, and end in loving himself better than all.
224. oldal - States which have undergone a change of government due to revolution, the results of which threaten other States, ipso facto, cease to be members of the European Alliance, and remain excluded from it until their situation gives guarantees for legal order and stability. If, owing to such alterations, immediate danger threatens other States, the Powers bind themselves, by peaceful means, or if need be by arms, to bring back the guilty State into the bosom of the Great Alliance.
224. oldal - The people of the United States have a vital interest in the cause of popular self-government.
222. oldal - It cannot be too often and too emphatically asserted that the United States has not the slightest desire for territorial aggrandizement at the expense of any of its southern neighbors, and will not treat the Monroe Doctrine as an excuse for such aggrandizement on its part.
326. oldal - C'est que la Liberté n'est pas une comtesse Du noble faubourg Saint-Germain, Une femme qu'un cri fait tomber en faiblesse, Qui met du blanc et du carmin : C'est une forte femme aux puissantes mamelles, A la voix rauque, aux durs appas...
489. oldal - God is our guide ! from field, from wave, From plough, from anvil, and from loom, We come, our country's rights to save, And speak a tyrant faction's doom : And hark ! we raise from sea to sea, The sacred watchword, Liberty.
219. oldal - The acquisition of San Domingo is an adherence to the " Monroe doctrine;" it is a measure of national protection ; it is asserting our just claim to a controlling influence over the great commercial traffic soon to flow from west to east, by way of the Isthmus of Darien...
435. oldal - That all further extension of territory or assumption of government, or new treaties offering any protection to native tribes, would be inexpedient...
42. oldal - Nous avouerons que notre héros était fort peu héros en ce moment. Toutefois, la peur ne venait chez lui qu'en seconde ligne; il était surtout scandalisé de ce bruit qui lui faisait mal aux oreilles.