Statutes of the Province of Canada, 2. rész
S. Derbishire & G. Desbarats, Law Printer to the Queen's Most Excellent Majesty, 1855
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
Act passed aforesaid amend amount apply appointed Assembly assessment authority Bank Books buildings By-laws called Capital Stock cause City Clerk Company consent constituted copy Corporation Council Councillors County Court currency deemed deposit Directors District Division duty effect eight election enacted entitled established exceeding five follows force further give given Government Governor granted held hereby hereinafter hold holders hundred incorporated interest intituled issued Justice lands lawful Legislative less liable limits Lower Canada Majesty Majesty's manner meeting Members ment mentioned months Montreal Municipality necessary notes notice paid Parish Parliament party payment penalty person pounds present President Provided Province Proviso Public purchase Quebec Railway receive Register regulations Reign repealed respectively road School securities Session Shareholders shares shillings Stock subscribed taken therein thereof thousand tion Town Township transfer United Upper virtue vote
259. oldal - Evidence, provided it be proved to be an examined Copy or Extract, or provided it purport to be signed and certified as a true Copy or Extract by the Officer to whose Custody the Original is intrusted...
346. oldal - ... it shall be sufficient to describe such instrument by any name or designation by which the same may be usually known, or by the purport thereof, and in such manner as to sufficiently identify snch instrument, without setting out any copy or fac-simile of the whole or any part thereof.
753. oldal - ... be lawful, on any other day, to hold and make an election of directors in such manner as shall have been regulated by the laws and ordinances of the said corporation.
256. oldal - By f 2, on the trial of any issue joined, or of any matter or question, or on any inquiry arising in any suit, action, or other proceeding in any court of justice, or before any person having by law, or by consent of parties, authority to hear, receive and examine evidence...
266. oldal - And it is further agreed that no export duty, or other duty, shall be levied on lumber or timber of any kind cut on that portion of the American territory in the State of Maine watered by the River St. John and its tributaries, and floated down that river to the sea, when the same is shipped to the United States from the province of New Brunswick.
264. oldal - The high contracting parties hereby solemnly engage to consider the decision of the commissioners conjointly, or of the arbitrator or umpire, as the case may be, as absolutely final and conclusive in each case decided upon by them or him respectively.
266. oldal - It is further agreed that if at any time the British Government should exercise the said reserved right, the Government of the United States shall have the right of suspending, if it think fit, the operation of Article III.
308. oldal - Canada, constituted and assembled by virtue of and under the authority of an Act passed in the Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and intituled, "An Act to re-unite the Provinces of Upper and Lower Canada, and for the Government of Canada...
344. oldal - ... be lawful for the court before which the trial shall be had, if it shall consider such variance not material to the merits of the case and that the defendant cannot be prejudiced thereby in his defence in such merit?, to order such indictment to be amended according to the proof by some officer of the court, or other person...
346. oldal - ... such person shall not, by reason thereof, be entitled to be acquitted, but the jury shall be at liberty to return as their verdict that the defendant is not guilty of the felony or misdemeanor charged, but is guilty of an attempt to commit the same...