Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Practical Essays on the Morning and Evening Services of the Church of England
Thomas Tregenna Biddulph
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
afford Almighty Apostles appear believe blessed blood body brought called cause charity Christian church collect comfort consider continually corruption dangers dead death derived desire Divine doctrine doth duty earth effect eternal everlasting evident evil faith Father favour fear feel flesh follow founded gift give given glory God's Godly gospel grace hand happiness hath heart heaven Holy Ghost hope human implore important influence Jesus Christ justified light live look Lord Lord Jesus Lord's means mind nature necessary never object observed offered ourselves peace perfect persons petition pray prayer present proceed produced promises punishment reader reason received respect resurrection righteousness salvation Saviour Scripture sinner sins soul Spirit strength sufferings Sunday supposed surely thee things thou thoughts tion true trust truth unto whole worship
200. oldal - O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God ! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out ! For who hath known the mind of the Lord ? or who hath been his counsellor...
354. oldal - Grant us by the same spirit to have a right judgment in all things, and evermore to rejoice in his holy comfort; through the merits of Christ Jesus our Saviour, who liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the same Spirit, 0ne God, world without end. Amen.
99. oldal - ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, who hatest nothing that thou hast made, and dost forgive the sins of all them that are penitent ; Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we worthily lamenting our sins, and acknowledging our wretchedness, may obtain of thee, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness ; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
316. oldal - The condition of man, after the fall of Adam, is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God : wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.
101. oldal - Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel...
194. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, we beseech Thee graciously to behold this Thy family, for which our Lord Jesus Christ was contented to be betrayed, and given up into the hands of wicked men, and to suffer death upon the cross, Who now liveth and reigneth with Thee and the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end.
356. oldal - WHEN the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place : and suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues, like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them : and they were all filled with the HOLY GHOST ; and began to speak with other tongues, as the SPIRIT gave them utterance.
466. oldal - Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.
396. oldal - OGod, the strength of all them that put their trust in thee, mercifully accept our prayers; and because through the weakness of our mortal nature we can do no good thing without thee, grant us the help of thy grace, that in keeping of thy commandments we may please thee, both in will and deed; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
208. oldal - Almighty and everlasting God, by whose spirit the whole body of the Church is governed and sanctified : Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before Thee for all estates of men in thy holy Church, that every member of the same, in his vocation and ministry, may truly and godly serve thee, through onr Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.