The Life of Dr. George Bull, Lord Bishop of St. David's: With the History of Those Controversies in which He was Engaged and an Abstract of Those Fundamental Doctrines which He Maintained and Defended in the Latin Tongue
W. Baxter, 1816 - 438 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Life of Dr. George Bull, Lord Bishop of St. David's: With the History of ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
according adversary ancient Animad animadversions answer Antinomian apostle arguments Arians Bishop Bishop of Meaux blessed Bull Bull's called catholic cause cerning charge charity Christ Christian Church of England Church of Rome concerning confessed controversy Council of Nice defended diocese discourse dissenters divine divine grace Doctor doctrine doth duty eminent endeavour Epistle esteemed eternal excellent Father favour Gataker God's Gospel grace Harmonia hath Holy Ghost holy Orders honour judgment justification Justin Martyr labour learned lived Lord lordship manner matter ment method mind nature never notion obedience occasion opinion parish particular Paul Pelagian perfect person piety pious prayers preaching prelate primitive proveth racter reason received religion repentance righteousness Sabellianism saith salvation satisfaction Scripture Sect sense sermons shew sheweth Socinian souls Spirit Suddington Tertullian testimonies thereby thereof thing thought tion treatise Trinity Tritheism true Truman truth Tully vindicated wherein whole words writers
101. oldal - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
64. oldal - And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness ; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
50. oldal - One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
388. oldal - ... the holy eucharist, or sacrament of the Lord's supper; which consent is indeed wonderful. All the ancient Liturgies agree in this form of prayer, almost in the same words, but fully and exactly in the same sense, order, and method ; which whosoever attentively considers, must be convinced that this order of prayer was delivered to the several churches in the very first plantation and settlement of them.
187. oldal - preachers should be careful, that they should never teach aught in a sermon, to be religiously held and believed by the people, except that which is agreeable to the doctrine of the Old and New Testament, and which the Catholic Fathers and ancient Bishops have collected from that very doctrine.
422. oldal - ... filled with the knowledge of his will, in all wisdom and spiritual understanding ; that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God ; strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and long-suffering with joyfulness...
97. oldal - For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
94. oldal - Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have a right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.