Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
answer appears authority bear believe Bible Bishop body called cause century character Christ Christian Church clergy consideration course death desire direct Divine doctrine doubt duty England English established evidence existence expressed fact faith Father feel give given God's Gospel ground hand heart Holy hope human important interest Jesus King learned less light living look Lord matter means mind moral nature never object observed offering once opinion passed period persons position practice prayer present priest principles Psalms question readers reason received reference Reformation regard religion religious remarkable represented respect result Rome Scripture seems Society soul speak spirit things thou thought tion true truth volume whole writings
188. oldal - AND I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud : and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire...
111. oldal - It is come, I know not how, to be taken for granted by many persons, that Christianity is not so much as a subject of inquiry, but that it is now at length discovered to be fictitious. And accordingly they treat it as if, in the present age, this were an agreed point among all people of discernment...
550. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, our heavenly Father, who of thy tender mercy didst give thine only Son Jesus Christ to suffer death upon the cross for our redemption, who made there (by his one oblation of himself once offered) a full, perfect, and sufficient sacrifice, oblation, and satisfaction for the sins of the whole world...
160. oldal - Then said He unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD ; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain that they may live.
154. oldal - THE righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: And merciful men are taken away, none considering That the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.
545. oldal - The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
372. oldal - I forty stripes save one; thrice was I beaten with rods; once was I stoned; thrice I suffered shipwreck; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeying often; in perils of waters; in perils of robbers; in perils by mine own countrymen; in perils by the heathen; in perils in the city; in perils in the wilderness; in perils in the sea; in perils among false brethren...
64. oldal - Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. For before the child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings!
541. oldal - Cease, then, nor Order Imperfection name: Our proper bliss depends on what we blame. Know thy own point : This kind, this due degree Of blindness, weakness, Heav'n bestows on thee. Submit. — • In this, or any other sphere, Secure to be as blest as thou canst bear: Safe in the hand of one disposing Pow'r, Or in the natal, or the mortal hour.
186. oldal - Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades? Or loose the bands of Orion? Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season, Or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? Canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?