Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections appear bear beauty become believe blessing bright called cause character child Christ Christian church classes continued dark death desire direct Divine duty earth England enter eternal evil eyes faith father fear feelings felt give given glory God's grace hand happy head heart heaven holy hope hour human important influence interest Italy Jesus knowledge labour land leave light live London look Lord means meet mind mother nature never observed once passed peace perhaps persons possession prayer present principles Protestant readers reason received religion religious remain respecting rest Scriptural seek seemed society soul spirit suffering thee things thou thought true truth turned whole writes young
551. oldal - Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath : for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner : but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
28. oldal - ... godliness hath promise of the life that now is," as well as of that which is to come.
654. oldal - JERUSALEM, my happy home, Name ever dear to me! When shall my labours have an end, In joy and peace, and thee?
72. oldal - Thou shalt not covet'; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.' '"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
5. oldal - ... the oath which he sware to our father Abraham, that he would grant unto us, that we, being delivered out of the hands of our enemies, might serve him without fear, in holiness and righteousness before him all the days of our life.
243. oldal - The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold, And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold; And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee. Like the leaves of the forest when summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen: Like the leaves of the forest when autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.
5. oldal - ... beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, we are changed into the same image from glory to glory even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
4. oldal - And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.
551. oldal - Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.