The Precepts of Jesus: The Guide to Peace and Happiness, Extracted from the Books of the New Testament Ascribed to the Four Evangelists. To which are Added the First and Second Appeal to the Christian Public in Reply to the Observations of Dr. Marsham
Unitarian Society, 1823 - 318 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
angels answered appear applied argument Assyria authority Behold believe Blessed called cast Chap Christ Christian commandments common Compiler considered David death Deity disciples divine doctrines earth Editor enter equally evil existence expression faith Father Friend fruit give given Godhead Gods hand hath hear heard heart heaven Hindoo Holy Ghost honour human Isaiah Israel Jesus John judgment king kingdom light living Lord Luke manner Mark Master Matthew means Messiah mind moral Moses mother nature observed opinion pass passages peace persons Pharisees pray Precepts Prophets prove quoted reason receive refer religion respect saith Saviour say unto Scriptures sense sent servant shew sins Spirit term thee thine things thou hast Thou shalt truth Verily vers verse whole whosoever worship
87. oldal - But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things : but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed : so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot ; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
55. oldal - And the scribe said unto Him, Well, Master, Thou hast said the truth: for there is one God ; and there is none other but He : and to love Him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, He said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God.
245. oldal - For Moses truly said unto the fathers, "A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you." 'And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
187. oldal - But I have greater witness than that of John : for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me that the Father hath sent me.
35. oldal - Moses' seat : all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do ; but do not ye after their works : for they say, and do not.
49. oldal - And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched : where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
17. oldal - When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart.
236. oldal - Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men : but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him : but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come : because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.
7. oldal - And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
69. oldal - If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone ? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent ? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion ? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children : how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him ? " And He was casting out a devil, and it was dumb.