An Impartial Examination of the Fourth Volume of Mr. Daniel Neal's History of the Puritans ...: With a Large Appendix of Curious Letters and Papers ...
J. Bettenham and sold by A. Bettesworth, 1739 - 603 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
An Impartial Examination of the Fourth Volume of Mr. Daniel Neal's History ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
Account againſt alſo anſwered appears Army Authority believe Biſhop Book brought called carried Cauſe Charge Church City Collections College Colonel Command Commons concerning County Court Cromwell Death deſired Duke Earl Enemies England Engliſh firſt Foot Forces Friends gave give given Government Hand hath Head High himſelf Hiſtory Honour hope Horſe Houſe humble hundred Independency John Judges King King's Kingdom Land laſt late Laws Letter Lives London Lord Majeſty March Maſter Means Memorials Miniſters moſt muſt Name Neal never obſerves Officers Order Parliament Party Perſons Place pleaſed Power Prayer preſent Prince Quakers Reaſon received Religion Right ſaid ſame ſays Scotland ſee ſent Servant Service ſet ſeveral ſhall ſhould Soldiers ſome ſuch taken themſelves theſe Things Thomas thoſe thought thouſand tion Town unto uſed whole
6. oldal - We are confident that both the High and Mighty Lords the States General of the United Provinces...
153. oldal - ... there came .a letter to us from one of our spies, who was of the king's bed-chamber, acquainting us, that our final doom was decreed that very day; that he could not...
185. oldal - And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the Lord his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them...
233. oldal - ... he met with a person who well knew him, and was well known by him, the other having always been of his father's and of his party ; so that they were glad enough to find themselves together.
32. oldal - House, and observing this posture, I told him I thought it did give us an opportunity and advantage to attempt upon the Enemy. To which he immediately replied, That he had thought to have said the same thing to me. So that it pleased the Lord to set this apprehension upon both of our hearts, at the same instant.
107. oldal - OLIVER, Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland, and the dominions thereunto belonging, to the Commissioners authorised by a late Ordinance for Approbation of Public Preachers, or ' to
6. oldal - Britain and the High and Mighty Lords the States General of the United Provinces, and betwixt all their subjects whether within Europe or without, in all regions and places whatsoever.
307. oldal - Their faults and defects were not so conspicuous. They had a very scanty measure of learning, and a narrow compass in it. They were little men, of a very indifferent size of capacity, and apt to fly out into great excess of passion and indiscretion.
61. oldal - he was prouder to have his head set upon the place it was appointed to be, than he could have been to have had his picture hang in the king's bedchamber : that he was so far from being troubled that his four limbs were to be hanged in four cities of the kingdom, that he heartily wished that he had flesh enough to be sent to every city in Christendom, as a testimony of the cause for which he suffered.