Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acquiring actions admiration allowed appear arts beauty become better bring brought called cause character Christian considered continually conversation correct corruption danger direct divine doctrine duty early effect evil excellence excite exercise exhibit fashion faults feel female furnish give Gospel habit hand happiness heart human idea important indulgence instances instruction interesting judgment kind knowledge labour ladies laws lead learning less live look manners means mind moral nature never object observed once parents perfection perhaps period persons pleasure practice prayer present principle produce reading reason religion religious respect Scripture sense society sometimes sort spirit talents taste temper thing thought tion true truth turn understanding vanity vice virtue whole woman women worldly young youth
108. oldal - Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple : and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters : and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
61. oldal - Give alms of thy goods, and never turn thy face from any poor man ; and then the face of the Lord shall not be turned away from thee.
106. oldal - Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
108. oldal - Salvation to our God who sitteth upon the throne, and to the Lamb.
63. oldal - For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge ! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
105. oldal - What is man, that he should be clean? and he which is born of a woman, that he should be righteous? Behold, he putteth no trust in his saints; yea, the heavens are not clean in his sight. How much more abominable and filthy is man, which drinketh iniquity like water?
125. oldal - O that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end!
70. oldal - ... according to the deeds done in the body, whether they be good or whether they be evil...
45. oldal - The profession of ladies, to which the bent of their instruction should be turned, is that of daughters, wives, mothers, and mistresses of families. They should be therefore trained with a view to these several conditions, and be furnished with a stock of ideas, and principles, and qualifications, and habits, ready to be applied and appropriated, as occasion may demand, to each of these respective situations.