Sermons and Other Practical Works: Consisting of Above One Hundred and Fifty Sermons Besides His Poetical Pieces. To which is Prefixed an Account of the Author's Life and Writings with an Elegiac Poem, and Large Contents, 6. kötet
H. Mitchell, 1796
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affliction alfo Arcadius Assyria aster asterwards Behold believer besore blessings blood bring called cometh coming to Christ covenant crystal river darkness dead death devil divine doth duty eagle earth everlasting lise Father fome fometimes foul give glory glorify glorious God's Godhead gospel grace hath hath spoken hear heart heaven hell Hence honour insinite Israel Jacob Jesus Christ Jhall John John iv John xvi joysul Lamb live Lord's love-tokens mall manisested mercy never ossice outcasts perfon persect powersul pray prayer preach promise Psal Psalm quickening ready to perish reafon righteousness river sace saith saithsulness salvation Satan satissied Saviour sear seet sellowship shew silthy sinners sins sire sirst speak Spirit strength sulness surther thee thou thro throne throne of God trumpet unto voice wash water of lise Wbat well-pleased wherein wings word worship wrath
357. oldal - See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me : I kill, and I make alive ; I wound, and I heal : neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
239. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
239. oldal - This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith ? "Are ye so foolish?
465. oldal - Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: and rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
240. oldal - ... until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.
383. oldal - Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself except it abide in the vine, no more can ye except ye abide in Me. I am the Vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in Me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit. For without Me ye can do nothing.
24. oldal - And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not, I will lead them in paths that they have not known : I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake . them.
332. oldal - The Spirit of the Lord God • is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord...
380. oldal - Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, And bow myself before the high God? Shall I come before him with burnt-offerings, With calves of a year old ? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, Or with ten thousands of rivers of oil ? Shall I give my first-born for my transgression, The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul...