The Common Law Procedure Acts, 1853, 1856, 1870: With an Appendix, Containing the General Orders of the Superior Courts of Common Law, and a Collection of Statutes [etc.]
Ponsonby, 1871 - 374 oldal
16 Vict action affidavit alleged allowed amend amount answer appear application appointed arbitrator attached attorney award bill breach brought cause cause of action claim Common Law conditional contained contract copy costs course Court damages death debt debtor defendant directed document effect ejectment entered entitled equitable error evidence execution fact filed further give given granted ground held interest issue Judge judgment jurisdiction jury lands leave manner matter ment mentioned motion necessary notice obtained officer paid particulars party payment person plaintiff plea pleading possession present proceed proceedings produce question Railway reason record recovered reference refused rent residence respect rule sect served sheriff signed Statute sufficient suggestion suit summons and plaint superior Courts supra taken thereof tion trial unless verdict Vict witness writ
lxvii. oldal - Court, on the trial of any issue joined, or of any matter or question, or on any inquiry arising in any suit, action, or...
lxxxix. oldal - upon all debts or sums certain payable at a certain time or otherwise, the jury on the trial of any issue, or on any inquisition of damages, may, if they shall think fit, allow interest to the creditor at a rate not exceeding the current rate of interest, from the time when such debts or sums certain were payable, if such debts or sums be payable by virtue of some written instrument at a certain time...
7. oldal - The first act enacts, in § 3, " that all actions of trespass quare clausum fregit, all actions of trespass, detinue, action sur trover, and replevin for taking away of goods and cattle, all actions of account, and upon the case, other than such accounts as concern the trade of merchandise between merchant and merchant, their factors or servants...
94. oldal - ... interest from the time when such debts or sums certain were payable, if such debts or sums be payable by virtue of some written instrument at a certain time, or, if payable otherwise, then from the time when demand of payment shall have been made in writing, so as such demand shall give notice to the debtor that interest will be claimed from the date of such demand until the term of payment; provided that interest shall be payable in all cases in which it is now payable by law.
lxxxv. oldal - Act annexed, or as near thereto as the Circumstances of the Case will admit...
93. oldal - That upon all debts or sums certain payable at a certain time, or otherwise, the jury, on the trial of any issue, or on any inquisition of damages, may, if they shall think fit, allow interest to the creditor, at a rate not exceeding the current rate of interest from the time when such debts or sums certain were payable, if such debts or sums be payable by virtue of some written instrument, at a certain time...
283. oldal - ... the vacancy should not be supplied, and the parties or arbitrators do not supply the vacancy : '•any party may serve the other parties or the arbitrators, as the case may be, with a written notice to appoint an arbitrator, umpire, or third arbitrator.
328. oldal - ... to the judgment debtor, and is within the jurisdiction, order that all debts owing or accruing from such third person (hereinafter called the garnishee) to the judgment debtor shall be attached to answer the judgment debt...
lxxxvii. oldal - Chancellor in matters of lunacy, whereby any sum of money, or any costs, charges, or expenses, shall be payable to any person, shall have the effect of judgments in the superior courts of common law...
cxviii. oldal - ... in the place of the creditor, and to use all the remedies, and, if need be, and upon a proper indemnity, to use the name of the creditor in any action or other proceeding at law or in equity, in order to obtain from the principal debtor, or any co-surety, co-contractor, or co-debtor, as the case may be, indemnification for the advances made and loss sustained by the person who shall have so paid such debt or performed such duty, and such payment or performance so made by such surety shall not...