Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according allies already amongst appearance army attack authority bank barbarians boyards Bucarest building called capital Carpathians carried century chief Church classes close complete concerning condition considerable course crossed Crown 8vo Dacia Danube defeated doubt Edition Emperor Empire enemy England English entered Europe fact followed forces formed four French German gives Greek hand head Illustrations important interest Italy John King known land latter Maps means Michael Moldavia natural officers once origin pass peasant peasantry period persons political Porte position possession Practical present Prince Principalities prisoners probably question reader received referred reign remains river Roman Roumania rule Russian says schools secure sent side speak territory tion took towns Trajan treaty tribes Turkish Turks turn various vols Wallachia whilst whole women Woodcuts writers
18. oldal - The Cabinet Lawyer; a Popular Digest of the Laws of England, Civil, Criminal, and Constitutional.
112. oldal - He heard it, but he heeded not, — his eyes Were with his heart, and that was far away. He recked not of the life he lost, nor prize; But where his rude hut by the Danube lay, There were his young barbarians all at play, There was their Dacian mother, — he, their sire, Butchered to make a Roman holiday!
10. oldal - Arranged to meet the requirements of the Syllabus of the Science and Art Department of the Committee of Council on Education, South Kensington.
18. oldal - The Treasury of Bible Knowledge ; being a Dictionary of the Books, Persons, Places, Events, and other Matters of which mention is made in Holy Scripture. By the Rev. J. AYRE, MA With Maps, Plates, and many Woodcuts.
17. oldal - A Book on Angling ; or, Treatise on the Art of Fishing in every branch ; including full Illustrated Lists of Salmon Flies. By FRANCIS FRANCIS. Post Svo.
11. oldal - The Theory of Strains in Girders and similar Structures, with Observations on the application of Theory to Practice, and Tables of the Strength and other Properties of Materials.
253. oldal - What's Montague ? it is nor hand, nor foot, Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part Belonging to a man. O, be some other name ! What's in a name...
14. oldal - Lectures on the Origin and Growth of Religion, as illustrated by the Religions of India ; being the Hibbert Lectures, delivered at the Chapter House, Westminster Abbey, in 1878, by F. MAX MULI.KR, MA Svo. IO.?. 6d. Introduction to the Science of Religion, Four Lectures delivered at the Royal Institution ; with Essays on False Analogies and the Philosophy of Mythology.
12. oldal - A Treatise on the Steam Engine, in its various applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways and Agriculture. By J. Bourne, CE With Portrait, 37 Plates, and 546 Woodcuts. 4to. 42s. Catechism of the Steam Engine, in its various Applications.