Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
50th Anniversary abstain advance American Arts and Sciences assembled assert awful become a garden behalf behold BENEDICT bless bliss BONESTEEL brethren British cause celebrate the 50th character CHOULES Christians civil government Collective bodies consti contemplation coun day celebrate dear delight delivered desolation duty empire ence enjoy fairest feel first-born Freedom Freemen glance globe glory happy land hath heart Heaven honor human igno illustrious interest Israel Israelitish Jefferson Jehovah JOHN DUBOIS July justice king laws Liberty look marked mighty mind monarchy nations nature ness NEW-YORK noblest notice numbers ORATION overthrow pass pole to pole politics possessed present prodigious prospect rance Red-Hook Academy Republic ruin sacred scenes Scriptures slavery soul spangled banner stood subject of civil superhuman agency Surrounded sweet take sanctuary Testament thing throne tribes and tongues triumphant truth try's tute UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN wanders back wilderness wisdom wrath
10. oldal - Westward the course of empire takes its way; The four first acts already past, A fifth shall close the drama with the day : Time's noblest offspring is the last.
14. oldal - Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the gentiles, and that their kings may be brought. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.
8. oldal - Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel, and they said nay but we will have a king over us, that we may be like all the nations, and that our king may judge us, and go out before us and fight our battles.
14. oldal - He wishes to embrace the faithful and true of heart of every kind, all those who 'work good,' whether Jew or Greek — all that are obedient to that measure of the truth which has been revealed to them, however small it may be, — those who 'do by nature the things of the Law,' who 'do justice, and love mercy, and walk humbly with their God,' according to the light vouchsafed to them. Who or how many there may be, such as these, among the heathen, we are utterly unable to judge : God knoweth. The...
10. oldal - ... minds to heaven ; if there is a scene calculated to bring down the heavenly host to earth, it is that which portrays in anticipation the final triumph of the " Gospel of the grace of God :" yes, the Gospel must ultimately and universally triumph ! Well may we exclaim, what an object is this ! It is the fairest scene that the pencil of heaven, dipt in the colours of its own rainbow, can delineate ; and even the great voice issuing from the eternal throne, c'an utter nothing more exhilarating and...