Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acknowledge affections answer appear argument authority believe better cause character Christ Christian Church circumstances common consider consistent conversion creed death depravity divine doctrine doubt duty Editor equally existence express fact faith Father favour feel give given Gospel hand heart heaven Hindoos Holy hope human human nature important influence interest Jesus Jews knowledge language learned least light lives look manner means ment mind Missionaries moral mystery nature never object observed occasion once opinions original orthodox passage person possess present principles prove published question readers reason received regard religion religious remarks respect Scriptures sense sentiments short Society speak spirit stand supposed sure thing thought tion Trinitarians trinity true truth understanding Unitarian views worship writer
145. oldal - Who, although he be God and Man, yet he is not two but one Christ; one, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking of the Manhood into God; one altogether; not by confusion of Substance: but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one Man, so God and Man is one Christ: who suffered for our salvation, descended into Hades, rose again the third day from the dead.
144. oldal - For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one ; the glory equal, the- majesty coeternal.
144. oldal - So the Father is God, the Son Is God and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet there are not three Gods, but one God.
137. oldal - An old clock, that had stood for fifty years in a farmer's kitchen, without giving its owner any cause of complaint, early one summer's morning, before the family was stirring, suddenly stopped. Upon this, the dial-plate (if we may credit the fable,) changed countenance with alarm; the hands made a vain effort to continue their course ; the wheels remained motionless with surprise ; the weights hung speechless; each member felt disposed to lay the blame on the others. At length the dial instituted...
144. oldal - Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation : that he also believe rightly the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
184. oldal - ... that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, in the knowledge of him; the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints...
144. oldal - Whosoever will be saved: before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith. Which Faith, except every one do keep whole and undefiled: without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
81. oldal - WHOSOEVER will be saved : before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith.
300. oldal - BEHOLD the western evening light! It melts in deepening gloom : So calmly Christians sink away, Descending to the tomb. The winds breathe low, the withering leaf Scarce whispers from the tree: So gently flows the parting breath, When good men cease to be.