Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able admitted afterwards appeared began believe body Browne called carried common considered continued court danger DEAR death desired discovered doubt Drake easily effect enemies engaged English entered equally expected father force formed gained gave give hand honour hope imagine island kind king King of Prussia knowledge land language learning leave less letter lived MADAM master means mind nature necessary never night observations obtained offered once opinion ordered passed perhaps physick pleasure practice present prince probably produce promises publick published queen raised reason received regard relate remarkable rest sail says seems seen sent ships soon studies success suffer sufficient taken thing thought tion took town travelled whole write
229. oldal - There are many things delivered rhetorically, many expressions therein merely tropical, and as they best illustrate my intention ; and therefore also there are many things to be taken in a soft and flexible sense, and not to be called unto the rigid test of reason.
327. oldal - I sat for my picture, and walked a considerable way with little inconvenience. In the afternoon and evening I felt myself light and easy, and began to plan schemes of life. Thus I went to bed, and in a short time waked and sat up, as has...
337. oldal - ... available to the confirmation of my faith, the establishment of my hope, and the enlargement of my charity ; and make the death of thy Son JESUS CHRIST effectual to my redemption. Have mercy upon me, and pardon the multitude of my offences. Bless my friends ; have mercy upon all men. Support me, by thy Holy Spirit, in the days of weakness, and at the hour of death ; and receive me, at my death, to everlasting happiness, for the sake of JESUS CHRIST. Amen.
229. oldal - ... and had lately declared, that 'the whole world was made for man, but only the twelfth part of man for woman;' and, that 'man is the whole world, but woman only the rib or crooked part of man.
55. oldal - He was the first that infused that proportion of courage into the seamen, by making them see by experience, what mighty things they could do, if they were resolved ; and taught them to fight in fire as well as upon water : and though he hath been very well imitated and followed, he was the first that gave the example of that kind of naval courage », and bold and resolute achievements.
337. oldal - Almighty and most merciful Father, I am now, as to human eyes it seems, about to commemorate, for the last time, the death of thy son Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Redeemer. Grant, O Lord, that my whole hope and confidence may be in his merits and in thy mercy: forgive and accept my late conversion; enforce and accept my imperfect repentance...
229. oldal - It is the heaviest stone that melancholy can throw at a man, to tell him he is at the end of his nature ; or that there is no further state to come, unto which this seems progrcssional, and otherwise made in vain...
288. oldal - The use of travelling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.
327. oldal - I was alarmed, and prayed God, that however he might afflict my body, he would spare my understanding. This prayer, that I might try the integrity of my faculties, I made in Latin verse. The lines were not very good, but I knew them not to be very good : I made them easily, and concluded myself to be unimpaired in my faculties.