Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Alfred Anglo-Saxon appears authority become better body called cause character Christian Church civil common condition conviction Court crime duty earth England English established evil existence fact faith fear feeling friends give given hand happiness heart honour hope houses human hundred idea important individual institutions interest King kingdom labour land learned least less light live London look Lord manner March matter means mind nature never noble object once passed peace perhaps period persons political poor practical present principles progress punishment questions race Rate reason religion religious respect Saxon seems sense social society spirit streets things thought thousand true truth turn whole
117. oldal - That not to know at large of things remote From use, obscure and subtle, but to know That which before us lies in daily life, Is the prime wisdom...
17. oldal - When the ear heard me, then it blessed me : and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me : because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me ; and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
179. oldal - And though that he was worthy he was wise, And of his port as meke as is a mayde. He never yet no vilanie ne sayde In alle his lif, unto no manere wight. He was a veray parfit gentil knight.
18. oldal - The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
134. oldal - Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness...
134. oldal - Moses' father in law saw all that he did to the people, he said, What is this thing that thou doest to the people? why sittest thou thyself alone, and all the people stand by thee from morning unto even?
41. oldal - It is the unique faculty of not only perceiving "sermons in stones, books in the running brooks, and good in everything...
134. oldal - And Moses chose able men out of all Israel, and made them heads over the people, rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.