Divarication of the New Testament Into Doctrine, the Word of God. [and] History, the Word of Man: Part I. The Four Gospels
Adolphus Richter and Company [and 21 other firms in London or 9 other cities], 1834 - 552 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Divarication of the New Testament Into Doctrine, the Word of God. [And ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
acknowledged action actually animal arises Author believe body called Cause Christ Christianity commandments complete CONCEPTION conduct confirmed connexion consequently consists constitute conviction Creator Deity desires difference disciples display distinct divine DOCTRINE doubt earth Earthly effect elements entirely equally essence established ETERNITY evident exist fact faculty Father give hand happiness heart heaven Heavenly Hence HISTORY Holy human idea infinite influence instinctive INTUITION Jesus judge judgment kingdom Knowledge light material matter mental merely mind Moral Law motives nature necessary necessity never notion objects objects of nature operation original perfect persons possible PRACTICAL REASON present produce proof proved pure purity rational receive regard Relation Religion REVELATION rose Sacred Saviour Science Sensation SENSE soul SPACE spirit sublime term thing thinking thought triad TRINITY TRIUNE PRINCIPLE true truth UNDERSTANDING Unity universal virtue whole wholly
299. oldal - Lo, the poor Indian! Whose untutored mind Sees God in clouds, or hears Him in the wind; His soul, proud science never taught to stray Far as the solar walk, or milky way...
128. oldal - That reason, passion, answer one great aim ; That true self-love and social are the same ; That virtue only makes our bliss below, And all our knowledge is — ourselves to know.
258. oldal - Ye must be born again : the wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou nearest the sound thereof; but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth ; so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
297. oldal - This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
457. oldal - And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist : some, Elias ; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
463. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith; these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
394. oldal - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
503. oldal - And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name ; and we forbade him, because he followeth not with us. 50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.
488. oldal - When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing but that rather a tumult was made, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person : see ye to it.
307. oldal - Which of you convinceth me of sin ? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words : ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.