Divarication of the New Testament Into Doctrine, the Word of God. [and] History, the Word of Man: Part I. The Four Gospels
Adolphus Richter and Company [and 21 other firms in London or 9 other cities], 1834 - 552 oldal
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Divarication of the New Testament Into Doctrine, the Word of God. [And ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
absolute absurd action animal annul arises Author axiom Cause Christianity commandments CONCEPTION confirmed connexion CONSCIENCE consists constitute CONVICTION copula Creator Deity Diocletian display distinct DIVARICATION Divine Essence DIVINE REVELATION DOCTRINE DOGMA doubt earth effect elements enlightenment entirely established ETERNITY evanescent evident evinced exist fact faculty faith Father finite Gospel happiness heaven Hence HISTORY human mind idea idolatry Infidel infinite instinctive INTUITION Jesus Christ judge judgment kingdom Knowledge LATIVE laws of matter Maker material Maximian mental merely Moral Law motion motives necessity never noumenon obey objects of nature operation original particle perfect personified Philosophy of Mind PRACTICAL REASON precepts primitive produce proof proved pure Science purity rational Religion SACRED SCIENCE Saviour Scriptures Sensation SENSE soul SPACE SPECULATIVE REASON sublime Superstition syllogism thing thinking tion totally triad TRINITY IN UNITY triple triad TRIUNE ESSENCE TRIUNE PRINCIPLE true unto virtue whole wholly WORD
301. oldal - Lo, the poor Indian! Whose untutored mind Sees God in clouds, or hears Him in the wind; His soul, proud science never taught to stray Far as the solar walk, or milky way...
260. oldal - Ye must be born again : the wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou nearest the sound thereof; but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth ; so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
299. oldal - This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
457. oldal - And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist : some, Elias ; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
463. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith; these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
394. oldal - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
503. oldal - And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name ; and we forbade him, because he followeth not with us. 50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.
488. oldal - When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing but that rather a tumult was made, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person : see ye to it.