An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments: Wherein Each Chapter is Preceded by an Analysis of Its Contents, the Sense Given and Largely Illustrated ; with Practical Remarks and Observations, 1. kötet
H.C. Sleight, 1833
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aaron Abraham Abram according angel appear behold better blessing blood brethren bring brother brought called Canaan cause CHAPTER Christ church comfort command concerning continued covenant daughters death designed desire Deut divine duty earth Egypt Egyptians Esau expect eyes face faith father favour fear friends gave give given glory God's grace hand hath heart heaven holy honour Isaac Israel Jacob Joseph Judg keep kind Kings land light live look Lord matter Moses nature never Note Observe offered pass perhaps Pharaoh prayer present probably promise providence reason received rest seed sent servants serve sins sons soul speak spirit sure taken thee thing thou shalt thought took turned unto wife
92. oldal - And they came to the place which God had told him of ; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
28. oldal - And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden : and there he put the man whom he had formed. 9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
84. oldal - And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.
164. oldal - And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in mortar, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service wherein they made them serve was with rigour.
132. oldal - And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us ? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words.
317. oldal - And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the Lord their God.
44. oldal - This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man in the likeness of God made he him : 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam in the day when they were created.
68. oldal - And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth : so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.