Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Academy acid angles animals apparatus appear Aristotle astronomical birds body carbon carbonic acid centimetres chlorophyll cholera coast colour connected contains corresponding December described distance double stars electric electromotive force Eocene Erasmus Darwin examination expedition experiments fact feet fossil gases Geographical Geological give given heat Herr Himalaya Hindu Kush inches India interesting island January known large number lectures light lines Lophiomys magnetic matter means measure ment metal motion mountain Museum notice November object observations Observatory obtained Ornithopsis paper Paris pass physical plants plates pliocene position present prism Prof published rainfall recently reference regard region remarkable researches rocks Royal Society Sargassum scientific seen Silurian solar species specimens spectra spectrum stars substance sun-spots supposed surface T. W. Webb temperature theory tion tube velocity vibrations volume
31. oldal - Here will we sit, and let the sounds of music Creep in our ears: soft stillness and the night Become the touches of sweet harmony. Sit, Jessica. Look how the floor of heaven Is thick inlaid with patines of bright gold: There's not the smallest orb which thou behold'st But in his motion like an angel sings, Still quiring to the young-eyed cherubins; Such harmony is in immortal souls; But whilst this muddy vesture of decay Doth grossly close it in, we cannot hear it.
207. oldal - FELKIN, HM— Technical Education in a Saxon Town. Published for the City and Guilds of London Institute for the Advancement of Technical Education.
30. oldal - For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus shall God bring with Him.
282. oldal - On this doctrine of the extermination of an infinitude of connecting links, between the living and extinct inhabitants of the world, and at each successive period between the extinct and still older species, why is not every geological formation charged with such links? Why does not every collection of fossil remains afford plain evidence of the gradation and mutation of the forms of life? We meet with no such evidence, and this is the most obvious and forcible of the many objections which may be...
289. oldal - The mind that broods o'er guilty woes, Is like the scorpion girt by fire ; In circle narrowing as it glows, The flames around their captive close, Till, inly...
129. oldal - MEDICAL AND SURGICAL HISTORY OF THE "WAR. During the fiscal year the work on the second medical volume of the Medical and Surgical History of the War...
233. oldal - Erasmus Darwin's system was in itself a most significant first step in the path of knowledge which his grandson has opened up for us, but to wish to revive it at the present day, as has actually been seriously attempted, shows a weakness of thought and a mental anachronism which no one can envy.
222. oldal - A theory, reposing on vene cautce, which brings into quantitative correlation the lengths of the present day and month, the obliquity of the ecliptic, and the inclination and eccentricity of the lunar orbit, must, I think, have strong claims to acceptance.