« ElőzőTovább »
of the East India Company, and to authorize the Payment of the Allowances of the Civil and Military Officers of the said Company dying while absent from India.
57. An Act to amend and consolidate the Laws for the Relief of Insolvent Debtors in England.
58. An Act to amend the Laws relating to Corps of Yeomanry Cavalry and Volunteers in Great Britain.
59. An Act to continue for Seven Years, and from thence to the End of the then next Session of Parliament, an Act of the Fifty ninth Year of His late Majesty, for facilitating the Recovery of the Wages of Seamen in the Merchant Service. 239 60. An Act to prevent the wilful and malicious Destruction of Dwelling Houses in Ireland. 240 61. An Act for the more effectual Administration of Justice in Cities, Towns Corporate and other local Jurisdictions in Ireland.
62. An Act to make Provision for the uniform Valuation of Lands and Tenements in the several Baronies, Parishes and other Divisions of Counties in Ireland, for the Purpose of the more equally levying of the Rates and Charges upon such Baronies, Parishes and Divisions respectively.
63. An Act to provide for repairing, improving and rebuilding Shire Halls, County Halls and other Buildings for holding the Assizes and Grand Sessions, and also Judges' Lodgings throughout England and Wales.
64. An Act for improving the Administration of Criminal Justice in England. 274 65. An Act to continue until the First Day of January One thousand eight hundred and twenty seven, and to the End of the next Session of Parliament, an Act of the Third Year of His present Majesty, for regulating the Manner of licensing Alehouses in England.
287 66. An Act to render more effectual the several Acts now in force to promote the Residence of the Parochial Clergy, by making Provision for purchasing Houses and other necessary Buildings for the Use of their Benefices.
288 67. An Act to regulate the Mode in which certain Societies or Copartnerships for Banking in Scotland may sue and be sued.
68. An Act to amend so much of an Act of the Thirty first Year of His late Majesty, as relates to the Election of Members to serve in the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Upper Canada.
69. An Act to amend the Law in respect to the Offence of stealing from Gardens and Hothouses.
300 70. An Act to permit Foreign Corn, Meal and Flour, warehoused, to be taken out for Home Consumption, until the Sixteenth Day of August One thousand eight hundred and twenty six. 302 71. An Act to empower His Majesty to admit Foreign Corn for Home Consumption, under certain Limitations, until the First Day of January One thousand eight hundred and twenty seven, or for Six Weeks after the Commencement of the then next ensuing Session of Parliament, if Parliament shall not then be sitting. 303 72. An
72. An Act to consolidate and amend the Laws which regulate the Levy and Application of Church Rates and Parish Cesses, and the Election of Churchwardens, and the Maintenance of Parish Clerks, in Ireland.
Page 304 73. An Act to consolidate the Laws in force in Ireland for the Disappropriation of Benefices annexed to Dignities, and for the Appropriation of others in their Stead, and for uniting Benefices with Dignities, and to make further Provisions for the like Purposes. 332 74. An Act for consolidating and amending the Laws relating to Prisons in Ireland. 338 75. An Act to explain an Act of the Fifty third Year of the Reign of His late Majesty, respecting the Enrolment of Memorials of Grants of Annuities.
76. An Act for further extending the Powers of an Act for vesting in Commissioners the Bridges building over the Menai Straits and the River Conway, and the Harbours of Howth and Holyhead, and the Road from Dublin to Howth, and for the further Improvement of the Road from London to Holyhead. 402
77. An Act to extend to Charing Cross, the Strand and Places adjacent, the Powers of an Act for making a more convenient Communication from Mary le bone Park; and to enable the Commissioners of His Majesty's Woods, Forests and Land Revenues to grant Leases of the Site of Carlton Palace.
4.24. 78. An Act to vest in the Commissioners of His Majesty's Woods, Forests and Land Revenues, the Powers of several Acts for the Improvement of the Streets near Westminster Hall and the Houses of Parliament; and to authorize the Conversion of the Pavements in several Parts of the Metropolis into broken Stone Roads.
79. An Act for applying a Sum out of the Consolidated Fund, and the Surplus of the Grants of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty five, to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty six; and for further appropriating the Supplies granted in this Session of Parliament.
LOCAL AND PERSONAL ACTS,
AND TO BE JUDICIALLY NOTICED.
ΑΝ N Act to repeal Two Acts relating to the Employment of the Poor within the Hundreds of Loes and Wilford, in the County of Suffolk, and to disincorporate the said Hundreds. Page 477 ii. An Act for enabling the Company of Proprietors of the Witham Navigation to complete the Drainage and Navigation by the River Witham; and to raise a further Sum of Money for that Purpose.
Ibid. iii. An
iii. An Act for the Appropriation of Two Chapels as Chapels of Ease to the Parish Church of Brighthelmston, in the County of Sussex. Page 477 iv. An Act for maintaining and repairing the Bridge over the River Avon, at or near Stratford upon Avon, in the County of Warwick, and for widening and improving the Approaches 478
v. An Act for enlarging the present Market, and establishing Fish Markets, in the Town and Port of Dover in the County of Kent; and for removing the Elections of Members and of Mayors of the said Town from the Church of Saint Mary the Virgin in Dover. Ibid. vi. An Act for lighting, watching, paving, cleansing and improving the Streets, Highways and Places within the Town and Borough of Newport, in the County of Monmouth. Ibid. vii. An Act for enlarging the Market House and regulating the Markets within the Borough of Bridgwater, in the County of Somerset for paving, cleansing, lighting and watching the Streets, Lanes and other public Passages and Places within the said Borough or adjacent thereto, and for the Improvement thereof. Ibid. viii. An Act for lighting with Gas the several Townships of Macclesfield, Sutton and Hurdsfield, all in the Parish of Prestbury, in the County Palatine of Chester. Ibid. ix. An Act for making and maintaining a Turnpike Road from Cannock in the County of Stafford to Penkridge in the same County.
Ibid. x. An Act for making and maintaining a Turnpike Road from Worthing to Lancing in the County of Sussex, and Groynes, Embankments and other Sea Defences, for protecting such Road and the Lands adjoining from the future Encroachments of the Sea. Ibid. xi. An Act for improving the Road from Collingham in the West Riding of the County of York, to the City of York; and for making certain Diversions from such Road. xii. An Act for more effectually repairing and maintaining the Road from Chippenham Bridge in the County of Wilts to the Top of Togg Hill in the County of Gloucester, and several other Roads therein mentioned, in the said Counties and in the County of Somerset, called The Marshfield District. Ibid. xiii. An Act for making and maintaining a Road from Godalming, through Hascomb, to Pains Hill in the County of Surrey.
Ibid. xiv. An Act for improving the Turnpike Road from Knaresbrough to the Junction of the Road from Ripon to Pateley Bridge, in the West Riding of the County of York. Ibid. xv. An Act for maintaining and improving the Road leading from Pengate in the Parish of Westbury to a Place formerly called Price's Warren Gate, at Tinhead in the Parish of Edington in the County of Wilts, and other Roads near or adjoining the said Roads, in the Counties of Wilts and Somersel. Ibid. xvi. An Act for more effectually repairing and improving the Roads from Manchester in the County Palatine of Lancaster, to Salters Brook in the County Palatine of Chester; and for
making and maintaining several Extensions or Diversions of Road, and a new Branch of Road to communicate therewith.
Page 479 xvii. An Act for making and maintaining a Turnpike Road from South Shields to White Mere Pool, and from thence to join the Durham and Newcastle Turnpike Road at Vigo Lane, with a Branch from Jarrow Slake to East Boldon, all in the County of Durham. 480 xviii. An Act for amending and maintaining the Road leading from the Turnpike Road on Farrard's Common in the Parish of Bradford, through Holt and Melksham, to Homan's Stile in the Parish of Lacock in the County of Wilts, and the Road leading therefrom to the Bath Turnpike Road upon Kingsdown Hill in the same County. Ibid. xix. An Act for making and maintaining a Turnpike Road, commencing at or near a certain House called The Shrewsbury Arms, situate at Hinderton in the Township of Little Neston, by way of Upton, and terminating in the Township of Hoose, and from Upton aforesaid to the Township of Birkenhead, and also certain Branches of Road to communicate therewith, all in the County Palatine of Chester. Ibid. xx. An Act for amending an Act of His present Majesty, for repairing the Road from Sandon in the County of Stafford to Bullock Smithy in the County of Chester, and from Hilderstone to Draycol in the Moors, and from Wetley Rocks to Tean, in the County of Stafford, so far as relates to the Macclesfield District of Road; and for making a Diversion of Road in the said District.
Ibid. xxi. An Act for making and maintaining a Road from Ridghill and Lanes, in the Parish of Ashton under Lyne in the County Palatine of Lancaster, to or near to Holehouse in Saddleworth in the West Riding of the County of York. Ibid. xxii. An Act for repairing the Road from Birmingham to Watford Gap, in the Parish of Sutton Coldfield in the County of Warwick, and other Roads communicating therewith. 481 xxiii. An Act for making and maintaining a Turnpike Road from Arrow in the County of Warwick to Pot Hooks End in the County of Worcester, and from Dunnington in the said County of Warwick to Crabs Cross in the said County of Worcester.
Ibid. xxiv. An Act for more effectually repairing the Roads from Littlegate, at the Top of Leadenham Hill, in the County of Lincoln, to Newark upon Trent, and from Newark upon Trent to Mansfield, and from Southwell to the South End of the Town of Oxton, in the County of Nottingham. Ibid. xxv. An Act for repairing, widening and improving the several Roads leading to and from the City of Exeter, and for making certain new Lines of Road to communicate with the same; and for keeping in repair Exe Bridge and Countess Wear Bridge. Ibid. xxvi. An Act for more effectually repairing the Road leading from the Bounds of the Counties of Limerick and Cork, between the Towns of Kilmallock and Charleville, to the City of Cork. Ibid.
xxvii. An Act for more effectually repairing, widening and improving the Road from the City of Norwich to Scole Bridge, in the County of Norfolk. Page 482 xxviii. An Act for more effectually repairing and improving the Road from the Brighthelmston Road at Pyecombe to Warninglid Cross in the Parish of Cuckfield, and from Pyecombe to the Henfield Road at Poynings Common, in the County of Sussex, and for making a new Road from Warninglid Cross to Hand Cross in the said County.
Ibid. xxix. An Act for making and maintaining a Turnpike Road from Wimpole in the County of Cambridge to Wrestlingworth in the County of Bedford, and from Wrestlingworth to Potton, both in the said County of Bedford. Ibid. xxx. An Act for making and maintaining a navigable Canal from the Peak Forest Canal, in the Township of Marple, in the County Palatine of Chester, to join the Canal Navigation from the Trent to the Mersey, at or near Harding's Wood Lock, in the Township or Hamlet of Talk, or Talk on the Hill, in the County of Stafford. xxxi. An Act to amend an Act for separating the Management of the Harbour of Margate, in the County of Kent, from the Paving and Lighting of the Town of Margate, and for vesting the future Management of the said Harbour in a Joint Stock Company of Proprietors. xxxii. An Act to enable His Majesty to license a Playhouse within the Town and Port of Ramsgate in the Isle of Thanet, in the County of Kent. xxxiii. An Act for the better and more effectually supplying with Water the Inhabitants of the several Parishes of Saint Mary, Saint Lawrence and Saint Giles, Reading, in the County of Berks. xxxiv. An Act for embanking, draining and otherwise improving Lands in the Parishes of Metheringham and Dunston, in the County of Lincoln. XXXV. An Act for lighting, watching, cleansing and otherwise improving the Camberwell New Road, the Lambeth Wyke Estate and other Places in the Vicinity thereof, in the Parishes of Lambeth, Camberwell and Newington, in the County of Surrey.
Ibid. xxxvi. An Act for lighting with Gas the Town of Burnley cum Habergham Eaves, otherwise the Townships of Burnley and Habergham Eaves, within the Parish of Whalley, in the County Palatine of Lancaster. Ibid. xxxvii. An Act for lighting with Gas the Village of Heywood, within the Parish of Bury, in the County Palatine of Lancaster.
xxxviii. An Act for enabling the Glasgow Gas Light Company to raise a farther Sum of Money for the Use of their Works, and for other Purposes relating thereto. xxxix. An Act for more effectually repairing and improving the Roads leading from Pick's Hill, near the Town of Langport Eastover, in the County of Somerset, through High Ham, Ashcott and other Places, to Meare, in the said County.