Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able appear band bave become believe better boys called carried cause character Church close comes course doubt effect England English expression eyes face fact father feel force Frank give Government Greek hand head heart hope human interest Italy kind King knowledge lady land least leave less light living look Mark matter means ment mind Miss nature never officers once passed perhaps persons poor present question reason respect round seems seen side speak spirit stand strange sure taken talk tell thing thought tion took true truth turn Wentworth whole write young
340. oldal - Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
125. oldal - The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments ' and other rites and ceremonies of the Church according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter or Psalms of David, pointed as they are to be sung or said in churches ; and the form or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of bishops, priests, and deacons.
3. oldal - First, I commend my soul into the hands of God my creator, hoping, and assuredly believing, through the only merits of Jesus Christ my Saviour, to be made partaker of life everlasting; and my body to the earth whereof it is made.
63. oldal - But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, saying, Arise, and take the young child and His mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.
378. oldal - ... to the rear. His face, which is always placid and cheerful, did not show signs of the slightest disappointment, care, or annoyance, and he was addressing to every soldier he met a few words of encouragement, such as, 'All this will come right in the end ; we'll talk it over afterwards ; but, in the meantime, all good men must rally. We want all good and true men just now,
64. oldal - Thus saith the Lord , Hast thou killed , and also taken possession ? And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the Lord, In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine.
377. oldal - The devil you wouldn't! I would like to have missed it very much; we've attacked and been repulsed; look there!' For the first time I then had a view of the open space between the two positions and saw it covered with Confederates, slowly and sulkily returning towards us in small broken parties, under a heavy fire of artillery.
606. oldal - ... it is very possible that I may have said things which a profound observer of national character would hesitate to sanction, though never any, I verily believe, that had not more or less of truth. If they be true, there is no reason in the world why they should not be said. Not an Englishman of them all ever spared America for courtesy's sake or kindness...
344. oldal - So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
377. oldal - After passing General Lee and his Staff, I rode on through the woods in the direction in which I had left Longstreet. I soon began to meet many wounded men returning from the front; many of them asked in piteous tones the way to a doctor or an ambulance. The further I got, the greater became the number of the wounded. At last I came to a perfect stream of them...