Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
altogether appeared attempt Augustus believe better body brig bring brought called Captain close continued course deck difficulty direction discovered door doubt effect entirely evidently eyes fact feel feet felt force four getting give half hand head hold hope hour human hundred idea immediately islands kind land least leaving length less light look manner matter means miles mind minutes move nature nearly necessary never object observed once party passed perceived period person Peters portion position possible present proceeded proved reached reason regard remained replied respect sail seemed seen ship side situation soon species sufficiently supposed sure taken thing thought tion took truth turned usual vessel whole wind
395. oldal - Trifles, like straws, upon the surface flow, He who would search for pearls must dive below," are lines which have done much mischief.
381. oldal - They shall call the nobles thereof to the kingdom, but none shall be there, And all her princes shall be nothing. And thorns shall come up in her palaces, Nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: And it shall be an habitation of dragons, And a court for owls.
398. oldal - Music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry ; music, without the idea, is simply music ; the idea, without the music, is prose, from its very definitiveness.
319. oldal - MAN, that is born of a woman, hath but a short time to live, and is full of misery. He cometh up, and is cut down like a flower ; he fleeth as it were a shadow, and never continueth in one stay.
320. oldal - Look, where he comes ! Not poppy, nor mandragora, Nor all the drowsy syrups of the world, Shall ever medicine thee to that sweet sleep Which thou ow'dst yesterday.
395. oldal - ... which it would be difficult to conceal since their writings are professedly to be understood by the few, and it is the many who stand in need of salvation. In such case I should no doubt be tempted to think of the devil in Melmoth...
426. oldal - By opening this intercourse between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, and forming regular establishments through the interior, and at both extremes, as well as along the coasts and islands, the entire command of the fur trade of North America might be obtained, from latitude 48.
185. oldal - And now we rushed into the embraces of the cataract, where a chasm threw itself open to receive us. But there arose in our pathway a shrouded human figure, very far larger in its proportions than any dweller among men. And the hue of the skin of the figure was of the perfect whiteness of the snow.
336. oldal - The garden like a lady fair was cut, That lay as if she slumbered in delight, And to the open skies her eyes did shut. The azure fields of Heaven were 'sembled right In a large round set with the flowers of light. The flowers de luce and the round sparks of dew That hung upon their azure leaves did shew Like twinkling stars that sparkle in the evening blue.
417. oldal - What song the Syrens sang, or what name Achilles assumed when he hid himself among women, though puzzling questions, are not beyond all conjecture. What time the persons of. these ossuaries entered the famous nations of the dead and slept with princes and counsellors might admit a wide solution. But who were the proprietaries of these bones, or what bodies these ashes made up, were a question above...