Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action affairs afford alfo Americans appear arms army attended authority bill body brought called carried caufe charge command common conduct confiderable confidered continued court crown danger defence defign duty effect enemy engaged equally faid fame feemed fent fervice feveral fhall fhould fide fire fituation fome foon force former friends ftate ftill fubject fuch fuppofed fupport give given granted ground hands honour houfe immediately John king Lady land late Lord manner matter means ment minifters moft motion nature neceffary never obferved object officers opinion paffed parliament parties perfons prefent prifoner produced received rendered river royal taken thefe theſe thing thofe thought tion took troops whole
1. oldal - ... religious factions, they seemed to be disarmed in my behalf of their wonted fury. My friends never had occasion to vindicate any one circumstance of my character and conduct: not but that the zealots, we may well suppose, would have been glad to invent and propagate any story to my disadvantage, but they could never find any which they thought would wear the face of probability. I cannot...
266. oldal - ¡rinds, tenements, hereditaments, penfions, offices, and perfonal eftates, in that part of Great - Britain, called England, Wales, and the town of Berwick upon Tweed ; and that a proportionable cefs, according to the ninth article of the treaty of union, be laid upon that part of Great-Britain called Scotland, 1,500,000!.
109. oldal - Then plunge under it with your eyes open, throwing yourself towards the egg, and endeavouring by the action of your hands and feet against the water to get forward till within reach of it. In this attempt you will find that the water buoys you up against your inclination; that it is not so easy a thing to sink as you imagined; that you cannot but by active force get down to the egg.
136. oldal - Hones had formerly been dug; and that it would have been no difficult matter to roll them down the hill after they were formed. I think this a very reafonable conjecture ; and have no doubt that it has been fo.
72. oldal - ... both capital and profit. They are the projects, therefore, to which of all others a prudent lawgiver, who...
191. oldal - Turn to learning and gaming, religion and raking. With the love of a wench, let his writings be chaste ; Tip his tongue with strange matter, his pen with fine taste ; That the rake and the poet o'er all may prevail, Set fire to the head, and set fire to the tail.
259. oldal - the necessity of preventing the American trade from passing into foreign Channels.