View of the Trinity: A Treatise on the Character of Jesus Christ, and on the Trinity in Unity of the Godhead; with Quotations from the Primitive Fathers, 2. kötet
Smith & Shute, 1824 - 202 oldal
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham allegorical Trinity ancient Angel apostle appears Arian Arius ascribed atonement begotten believe Bible Bishop Horsley body called Christ's Divinity Christians Church constituted creatures David dependent derived distinct personality divine nature divine Person Divinity of Christ doctrine earth eternal evidence existence Father favor finite flesh fulness given glorified glory God the Father God's Godhead gods gospel Greek heaven Hebrew Holy Ghost Holy Spirit honor human soul idolatry infinite Irenæus Isai Israel Jehovah Jehovah of hosts Jesus Christ Jews John language literally Logos Lord manifest Mediator mediatorial Messiah mighty Moses Mosheim mystery Old Testament Origin passage plural proper Divinity Psalm real Deity real Divinity relation relative Sabellians sacred saith Saviour scriptures seed sense sentiment shalt Son of God Sonship spake speak taught testimony thee ther things thou tion titles Trinitarians Trinity in Unity true underived unto verse word worship
103. oldal - He shall feed his flock like a shepherd; he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
114. oldal - Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him. He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.
72. oldal - Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary ; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
45. oldal - The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
23. oldal - Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great and shall be called the Son of the Highest...
125. oldal - Wherefore in all things it behooved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered, being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted.
105. oldal - What think ye of Christ? whose son is he?" They say unto him, " The son of David." He saith unto them, " How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool ? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
99. oldal - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.