Jewish antiquities: or, A course of lectures on the three first books of Godwin's Moses and Aaron. To which is annexed, A dissertation on the Hebrew language
Printed for W. Baynes and son, 1823 - 623 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
2dly 3dly according altar ancient anointed Antiq apostle appointed apud betwixt book of Samuel Buxtorf called Canaan captivity chap chapter Christ Christian Chron concerning Deut dissert divine edit Egypt ephod Exod Ezra feast festival following passage garments Godwin Greek hath Haverc heathens Hebr Hebrew high priest holy ibid Israel Israelites Jephthah Jerusalem Jewish Jews Josephus Judah Judea judges kerioth king lamb language Levites Lightfoot likewise Lord Luke Maimon Maimonides Matt mentioned Mishn month Moses nation Nazarites Numb observed occasion opinion passover persons Pharisees probable prophecy prophets proselytes Psal rabbies reason render rites sabbath sacred sacrifices Sadducees saith Saviour scribes scripture sect Septuagint shekel signifies supposed synagogues Syriac tabernacle Talmud temple Testament things thou tion torn tribe ubi supra unto viii word worship xviii xxiii
2. oldal - Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth ; and from thy face shall I be hid ; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
594. oldal - And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field to bury strangers in. Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day. (Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value, and gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me...
376. oldal - For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment ; and ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place ; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool : are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts...
407. oldal - Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria ? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
325. oldal - Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind...
41. oldal - Keep therefore and do them ; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
243. oldal - And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.
365. oldal - And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.
158. oldal - And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim ; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD : and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.