Sermons of the Late Dr. James Inglis: Pastor of the First Presbyterian Church in Baltimore
N. G. Maxwell, no. 140, Baltimore-street, For the benefit of the orphan children of the author. Benjamin Edes, printer, 1820 - 389 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adore affections Almighty apostle behold believe blessed blood body bosom brethren Christian church commandments corruption covenant Creator crucified dead death Deity devotion divine divine grace doctrine duty earth eternal everlasting evil eyes faith Father fear flesh forever give glorified glory God's gospel grace grave happiness hast hath heart Heaven heavenly Holy Ghost Holy Spirit honour hope human immortal inconsideration iniquity Isaiah Israel Jehovah Jesus Christ Jews light ligion live Lord meditation ment mercy mind moral nature ness never object peace perfect persons piety pious pleasure pleasures forever praise pray prayer present Psalm psaltery purity reason Redeemer religion religious repentance resurrection righteousness salvation sanctified Saviour scripture shew sinner sins soever Son of God sorrow soul stringed instruments suffered superiour thee thine things thou thought throne tion true truth unto vanity virtue voice wisdom words yourselves
2. oldal - In conformity to the act of the Congress of the United States, entitled, « An act for the encouragement of learning, by securing the copies of maps, charts, and books, to the authors and proprietors of such copies, during the times therein mentioned.
100. oldal - And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
348. oldal - And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
330. oldal - For if the dead rise not, then is not CHRIST raised : and if CHRIST be not raised, your faith is vain ; ye are yet in your sins.
234. oldal - Wherefore in all things it behoved Him to be made like unto His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to GOD, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself hath suffered, being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted.
386. oldal - BLESS the Lord, O my soul : O Lord my God, thou art very great ; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain...
90. oldal - By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel...
29. oldal - ... in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings...