The Posthumous Works of the Late Rev. Mr. John Brown, Minister of the Gospel at Haddington: With Short Memoirs, and a Summary of what He Uttered in His Last Illness
R. Morrison and Son, booksellers, Perth., 1797 - 290 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Posthumous Works of the Late Rev. Mr. John Brown, Minister of the Gospel ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
Acts againſt alſo anſwer believers better bleſſed blood body broken cauſe Chriſt Chriſtian church comfort concerning conſcience conſider continued covenant death demands divine doth earth eternal everlaſting faith Father fear foul give given glory God's goſpel grace hand hath heart heaven hell himſelf holineſs holy honour hope imputed infinite Italy Jeſus Jeſus Chriſt John keep kind Kings labour laſt light live look Lord manner Matt means moſt muſt nature never obedience perfect perſon Pfal pray prayer preach preſent promiſes providence receive religion render reſpect righteous righteouſneſs Sabbath ſalvation ſay ſee ſhall ſhould ſin ſome ſoul Spirit ſtate ſuch ſuffer theſe things thou thought thouſand tion trouble truth unto uſe whole wicked
6. oldal - Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; And see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, And make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; Lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
246. oldal - Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
112. oldal - Enter ye in at the strait gate : for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat : because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, that leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it...
170. oldal - Spirit, not by the works of the law, but by the hearing of faith.
198. oldal - And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
155. oldal - Wilt thou not from this time cry unto Me : — " My father, Thou art the guide of my youth?
255. oldal - This is a faithful faying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Chrift Jefus came into the world to fave finners ; of whom I am chief.
24. oldal - Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens fhall pafs away with a great noife, and the elements fhall melt with fervent heat, the earth alfo and the works that are therein (hall fee burnt up.
23. oldal - I have met with trials as well as others : yet so kind has God been to me, that I think, if He were to give me as many years as I have already lived in the world, I should not desire one single circumstance in my lot changed, except that I wish I had less sin. It might be written on my coffin, ' Here lies one of the cares of Providence, who early wanted both father and mother, and yet never missed them.