Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A. L. Smith action agree agreement amount apply assessment at-Law Attorney-General authority Barrister Bayworth bottomry CH.D charge charter-party claim common lodging-house contract costs county council county court judge COURT OF APPEAL covenant damages deceased decision deed defendant directors Divisional Court duty entitled evidence executors fact Govan held hereditaments HIGH COURT House of Lords Inland Revenue interest John Cory judgment justices Kekewich L. J. Ch L.JJ land learned judge lease liable licence liquidator London London County Council Lord lordship matter meaning ment mortgage notice opinion owner paid parties payable payment person plaintiff premises present profits purchaser purpose Q. B. Div question Railway reason referred rent Reported respect respondent Romer rule shareholders shares Solicitors Stamp Act statute sub-section syndicate tenant testator tion trustees Vaughan Williams vendor Vict words
15. oldal - No court will lend its aid to a man, who founds his cause of action upon an immoral or illegal act. If, from the plaintiff's own stating or otherwise, the cause of action appears to arise ex turpi causa, or the transgression of a positive law of this country, there the court says he has no right to be assisted.
217. oldal - A bill of exchange is an unconditional order in writing, addressed by one person to another, signed by the person giving it, requiring the person to whom it is addressed to pay on demand, or at a fixed or determinable future time, a sum certain in money to, or to the order of a specified person, or to bearer.
217. oldal - Where a banker in good faith and without negligence receives payment for a customer of a cheque crossed generally or specially to himself, and the customer has no title, or a defective title, thereto, the banker shall not incur any liability to the true owner of the cheque by reason only of having received such payment.
52. oldal - Surprisals, Takings at Sea, Arrests, Restraints and Detainments of all Kings, Princes, and People, of what Nation, Condition, or Quality soever, Barratry of the Master and Mariners, and of all other Perils, Losses, and Misfortunes, that have or shall come to the Hurt, Detriment, or Damage of the said Goods and Merchandises and Ship, &c., or any Part thereof...
24. oldal - It shall be lawful for one or more persons, acting on their own behalf or on behalf of a trade union or of an individual employer or firm in contemplation or furtherance of a trade dispute, to attend at or near a house or place where a person resides or works or carries on business or happens to be, if they so attend merely for the purpose of peacefully obtaining or communicating information, or of peacefully persuading any person to work or abstain from working.
213. oldal - Bequest shall not lapse, but shall take effect as if the Death of such Person had happened immediately after the Death of the Testator, unless a contrary Intention shall appear by the Will.
24. oldal - All persons may be joined in one action as plaintiffs, in whom any right to relief [in respect of or arising out of the same transaction or series of transactions] is alleged to exist whether jointly, severally or in the alternative, [where if such persons brought separate actions any common question of law or fact would arise...
193. oldal - gross value ' means the annual rent which a tenant might reasonably be expected, taking one year with another, to pay for an hereditament, if the tenant undertook to pay all usual tenant's rates and taxes, and tithe commutation rentcharge, if any...
362. oldal - For the purposes of this section, the council of a borough includes the mayor, aldermen, and commons of the City of London in common council assembled, and the council of a metropolitan borough.
60. oldal - Authors of any of the countries of the Union, or their lawful representatives, shall enjoy in the other countries for their works, whether published in one of those countries or unpublished, the rights which the respective laws do now or may hereafter grant to natives.