Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
action administration adopted aminations Appendix applicants appointment approved assistance asylums authority Board Brooklyn character Chief cities citizens classification clerks Commission Commissioners common schools compensation competent competitive examinations conference consideration Constitution Court demands departments desirable duties effect enter equal established exceptions executive exercise existing expense experience expressed fact fair fitness follows further give given Governor heads heads of departments honor importance improve increase inquiry institutions intelligence interest John legislation Legislature limited mayor ments methods moral municipal nature necessary object opinions partisan passed persons physical places Police political positions practical prepared present principle promotion public officers public service qualifications question reasons received recommendation reference regard regulations relating request responsibility rules Schedule scheme schools secure seems selection showing statute subordinate success suggestions supported tion York
20. oldal - That no certificate shall be granted to any person to teach in the public schools of the...
20. oldal - Congress, showing its own action, the rules and regulations and the exceptions thereto in force, the practical effects thereof, and any suggestions it may approve for the more effectual accomplishment of the purposes of this act.
13. oldal - The President is authorized to prescribe such regulations for the admission of persons into the civil service of the United States as may best promote the efficiency thereof, and ascertain the fitness of each candidate in respect to age, health, character, knowledge, and ability for the branch of service into which he seeks to enter...
1. oldal - I have the honor to transmit herewith the first annual report of the Civil Service Commission.
7. oldal - All examinations shall relate to such matters as will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of that service to which they seek to be appointed.
11. oldal - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service into which they seek to be appointed.
14. oldal - ... the character and practical effects of such examinations, together with its views as to the improvement and extension of the same, and also copies of all rules made under the authority hereby conferred.
7. oldal - ... of such persons, of the rejection of any such persons after probation, of transfers, resignations, and removals, and of the date thereof, and a record of the same shall be kept by said Commission. And any necessary exceptions from said eight fundamental provisions of the rules shall be set forth in connection with such rules, and the reasons therefor shall be stated in the annual reports of the Commission.
9. oldal - That after the expiration of six months from the passage of this act no officer or clerk shall be appointed, and no person shall be employed to enter or be promoted in either of the said classes now existing, or that may be arranged hereunder pursuant to said rules, until he has passed an examination, or is shown to be specially exempted from such examination in conformity herewith.