Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection angels beauty Behold better blessing body breath brother cause character charity child comfort confidence count creature dark death deep earth evil face fair faith false fame fancy father fear feel flowers follow folly gain give glad glory guilt hand happy hate hath heart heaven heed honour hope humble ignorance innocence kind king knowledge labour leave light live look man's matter mean memory mighty mind mystery nature never once pain peace pleasure poor praise prayer pride reason render rest rich scorn secret seen shalt sorrow soul spirit stand strong sweet tell thee thine things thou art thou hast thought thousand thyself to-day toil tongue true trust truth turn unto weak wealth wisdom wise youth
122. oldal - And immediately I was in the spirit; and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne ; and he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone ; and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
120. oldal - Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. As many were astonied at thee, (his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men...
260. oldal - Never give up ! there are chances and changes Helping the hopeful, a hundred to one, And through the chaos High Wisdom arranges Ever success,— if you'll only hope on : Never give up ! for the wisest is boldest, Knowing that Providence mingles the cup, And of all maxims the best, as the oldest, Is the true watchword of Never give up...
244. oldal - Egyptians ; one displaced from its pedestal by enormous roots ; another locked in the close embrace of branches of trees, and almost lifted out of the earth ; another hurled to the ground, and bound down by huge vines and creepers; and one standing, with its altar before it, in a grove of trees which grew around it, seemingly to shade and shroud it as a sacred thing ; in the solemn stillness of the woods, it seemed a divinity mourning over a fallen people.
246. oldal - And he set up the pillars in the porch of the temple : and he set up the right pillar, and called the name thereof Jachin : and he set up the left pillar, and called the name thereof Boaz.
263. oldal - To forget ? It is hard for a man with a mind, However his heart may forgive, To blot out all perils and dangers behind, And but for the future to live : Then how shall it be ? for at every turn Recollection the spirit will fret, And the ashes of injury smoulder and burn, Though we strive to forgive and forget.
121. oldal - Verum ubi correptum manibus vinclisque tenebis, 405 tum variae eludent species atque ora ferarum. Fiet enim subito sus horridus atraque tigris squamosusque draco et fulva cervice leaena, aut acrem flammae sonitum dabit atque ita vinclis excidet, aut in aquas tenues dilapsus abibit. 410 sed quanto ille magis formas se vertet in omnes, tanto, nate, magis contende tenacia vincla, donec talis erit mutato corpore, qualem videris, incepto tegeret cum lumina somno.
106. oldal - Scratch the green rind of a sapling, or wantonly twist it in the soil, The scarred and crooked oak will tell of thee for centuries to come...