The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments: And Other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church, According to the Use of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America. Together with the Psalter, Or Psalms of David
H. W. Hewet, 1843 - 621 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Almighty Amen angels Answer behold believe beseech thee Bishop bless blood body bring called cast Christ our Lord Church Collect comfort commandments death deliver desire dwell earth enemies Epistle eternal everlasting evil eyes face faith Father fear follow give given glory Gospel grace grant hand hath hear heart heaven Holy Ghost hope HYMN Initial letter Israel Jesus Christ judge keep King kingdom land Lesson light live look mercy mind Minister MORNING peace praise pray prayer present Priest promise Psalm receive rejoice righteousness rise saints saith salvation Saviour sing sins song soul Spirit stand strength Sunday thanks thine things thou art thou hast thou shalt thy holy thy name trouble trust truth turn unto thee voice
85. oldal - When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
647. oldal - PREVENT us, O Lord, in all our doings with Thy most gracious favour, and further us with Thy continual help ; that in all our works begun, continued, and ended in Thee, we may glorify Thy holy Name, and finally by Thy mercy obtain everlasting life ; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
141. oldal - Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate, saying, " Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again. Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead : so the last error shall be worse than the first.
177. oldal - But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
306. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, unto Whom all hearts be open, all desires known, and from . Whom no secrets are hid ; Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of Thy Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love Thee, and worthily magnify Thy holy Name ; through Christ our Lord. Amen.
210. oldal - A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way : and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was : and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, and went to...
9. oldal - And I believe in the Holy Ghost, The Lord and Giver of life, Who proceedeth from the Father and the Son, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, Who spake by the Prophets.
206. oldal - ALMIGHTY and everlasting GOD, who art always more ready to hear than we to pray, and art wont to give more than either we desire or deserve ; pour down upon us the abundance of thy mercy, forgiving us those things whereof our conscience is afraid, and giving us those good things which we are not worthy to ask, but through the merits and mediation of JESUS CHRIST thy Son our Lord. Amen.