Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adorned angel appears arches arms artist attention bank base beautiful bending boat bounded bridge buildings bushes cattle centre child close clothed clump cluster of trees collection companion composed composition consisting crossed cupids directed distance drawing dress driving edifice effect Engraved exhibits extends eye looks farther female figures flows foot foreground former formerly four front Gallery girl goats ground growing hair hand head hence herd herdsman hill hilly holding infant introduced John kneeling knees Landscapes latter leaning lofty mantle mountains noticed nymph object observed opposite side Painted Palace Paris passing peasant persons picture placed playing pointing portion possession preceding receive represents rising river rocks rocky ruins Saviour scene seaport seated seen shepherd shoulder sitting sold spectator stands stream summit surrounding temple tower vessels Virgin woman women young youth
59. oldal - When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple standing by whom He loved, He saith unto His mother, Woman, behold thy son ! Then saith He to the disciple, Behold, thy mother ! And from that hour the disciple took her unto his own home.
74. oldal - There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? Simon answered and said, I suppose that he to whom he forgave most. And He said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
149. oldal - So on he fares, and to the border comes Of Eden, where delicious Paradise, Now nearer, crowns with her enclosure green, As with a rural mound, the champaign head Of a steep wilderness, whose hairy sides With thicket overgrown, grotesque and wild, Access denied...
98. oldal - Scarce had she finish'd, when her feet she found Benumb'd with cold, and fasten'd to the ground : A filmy rind about her body grows, Her hair to leaves, her arms extend to boughs : The nymph is all into a laurel gone, The smoothness of her skin remains alone.
74. oldal - Jesus, and standing behind him at his feet, weeping, and bathing them with her tears, and wiping them with the hair of her head, till he who knew no sin turns and says : " Her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much...
149. oldal - Insuperable height of loftiest shade, — Cedar, and pine, and fir, and branching palm, — A sylvan scene; and, as the ranks< ascend 140 Shade above shade, a woody theatre Of stateliest view.
79. oldal - Peter said : Silver and gold I have none, but what I have, I give thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, arise and walk.
342. oldal - CLAUDE. 124. Landscape. A VIEW in the environs of Rome, which is seen in the distance beneath a glowing sunset. In the foreground to the left, under a cluster of trees, Claude himself is seated, and attended by a youth, who holds an umbrella over his head to shade him from the sun, while he is sketching a temple on an eminence on the opposite side. A herdsman and some goats complete the composition. This picture belonged to Frederick, Prince of Wales. C. 3 ft. 2 in., by 4 ft. 1 in. Engraved by Vivares...
149. oldal - And higher than that wall a circling row Of goodliest trees loaden with fairest fruit, Blossoms and fruits at once, of golden hue, Appeared, with gay enamelled colours mixed : On which the sun more glad impressed his beams Than in fair evening cloud, or humid bow, When God hath showered the earth ; so lovely seemed That landscape...