Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
added answer appear arrived asked attention authority believe Bible called cause Cephalonia character Christ Christianity church circumstances conduct consider continued conversation Count death desire difficulty divine doctrines doubt duty effect errors eternal evidence existence expressed fact feel friends give given Greece Greeks happiness heard heart hope human idea ignorance importance interest Italy judge knowledge ladies least less letter lives Lord Byron lordship manner means meeting mentioned mind Missolunghi moral nature never object opinions perhaps person prediction present principles professed prove reason received refer religion religious remain replied respect Scrip Scriptures seemed seen sent sentiments shew sincere spirit talents testimony things thought tion took true truth understand virtue whole wish writings written
293. oldal - ... misty light And the lantern dimly burning. No useless coffin enclosed his breast, Not in sheet nor in shroud we wound him; But he lay like a warrior taking his rest With his martial cloak around him. Few and short were the prayers we said And we spoke not a word of sorrow, But we steadfastly gazed on the face of the dead, And we bitterly thought of the morrow.
292. oldal - Not a drum was heard, not a funeral note, As his corse to the rampart we hurried ; Not a soldier discharged his farewell shot O'er the grave where our hero we buried.
103. oldal - Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
103. oldal - Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken ; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.
90. oldal - Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
90. oldal - And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field ; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life : And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
106. oldal - Know, therefore, and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem, unto the Messiah the Prince, shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks ; the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself...
293. oldal - Slowly and sadly we laid him down, From the field of his fame fresh and gory ; We carved not a line, and we raised not a stone, But we left him alone with his glory.