Six Sermons Delivered at the General Convention of Universalists, at Its Annual Session in Concord, N.H., on the Nineteenth and Twentieth September, 1832
Menzies Rayner, 1833 - 141 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
apostle appears become believe blessed BOOKS brethren cause cents character Christ christian church circumstances common concerning conduct consequences considered Convention course death and evil desire disciples divine doctrine earth embrace error eternal exertions existence fact faith Father fear feel future give given glory God's gospel grace happiness harvest hath hear heaven heavenly hold holy hope human ignorance infinite influence inquiry Jesus knowledge laborers light living look Lord mankind means ment minds moral nature never objection opinions ourselves peace perfect persons possess practice pray prayer preach present Price principles professed punishment reason receive religion remain respect reward salvation Saviour scriptures sentiment soul spirit strange suffer surely teach things thou thought tion true truth union universal Universalist unto
103. oldal - ... But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven : for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
3. oldal - See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply : and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
4. oldal - ... that thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him : for he is thy life, and the length of thy days : that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
120. oldal - Prepare ye the way of the Lord, Make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, And every mountain and hill shall be made low: And the crooked shall be made straight, And the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, And all flesh shall see it together: For the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
3. oldal - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing : therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live...
79. oldal - THIS is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam; in the day when they were created.
6. oldal - Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat ; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread ? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
59. oldal - I marvel, that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel; . 7 Which is not another: but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
81. oldal - But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.