The four Gospels, and the Acts of the Apostles; with notes, by I. Mann
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
afked againſt alfo anfwered angel becauſe began behold believe bleffed body bread brethren bring brought caft called Chap chief Chrift cometh commanded dead death delivered departed devil difciples earth enter eyes faid unto faith unto fame Father fave fear fell fent fervant fhew fhould fins followed fome fpake fpirit fuch gave Ghoft give given hand hath healed hear heard heart heaven himſelf holy houfe hour houſe Jefus Jerufalem Jews John king kingdom knew laid light living Lord Luke Mark Matt means Mofes mother multitude Note pafs Paul Peter Pharifees pray preached prophets receive ſhall Simon taken tell temple thee thefe theſe things thofe thou took true whofoever whole wife ye fhall
191. oldal - Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people of the city was with her. And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.
137. oldal - And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out : It is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire : 48 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
94. oldal - The Son of man goeth as it is written of him : but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed ! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
36. oldal - All things are delivered unto me of my Father, and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
271. oldal - Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old ? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born ? Jesus answered, Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
257. oldal - And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. 34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
255. oldal - Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people : and behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him: No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him ; and lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him. I will therefore chastise him, and release him.
320. oldal - I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he taketh away ; and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
5. oldal - Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.
83. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because ye build the tombs of the prophets and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, and say, 'If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.