Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Spanish-American War Songs: A Complete Collection of Newspaper Verse During ...
Sidney A. Witherbee
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
arms banner battle beneath blood blow blue boys brave brothers cause cheer Chorus coming Cuba Cuban dark dead dear death deeds Dewey Dons eyes face fair fall fame fear fight fire flag fleet float fought freedom gallant give glorious grave gray guns hand hear heard heart heroes honor Hurrah keep land liberty light lives look Maine Manila marching meet mighty mother nation's never night noble o'er Old Glory once patriot peace pride proud Remember the Maine rest rise roar sailed sailors shell ships shore shot shout side sing sleep soldiers song sons soul sound Spain Spaniards Spanish stand stars Stripes strong sword tears tell thee thou thought true Uncle victory voice wait wave wrong Yankee
447. oldal - Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord; He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored; He hath loosed the fateful lightning of his terrible swift sword. His truth is marching on.
147. oldal - Hats off! Along the street there comes A blare of bugles, a ruffle of drums, A flash of color beneath the sky: Hats off! The flag is passing by! Blue and crimson and white it shines, Over the steel-tipped, ordered lines. Hats off! The colors before us fly; But more than the flag is passing by...
447. oldal - I have read a fiery gospel, writ in burnished rows of steel; "As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal; Let the hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel, Since God is marching on.
447. oldal - In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea. With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me; As he died to make men holy, let us die to make men free. While God is marching on.
162. oldal - All quiet along the Potomac," they say, "Except now and then a stray picket Is shot, as he walks on his beat, to and fro, By a rifleman hid in the thicket.
162. oldal - Except now and then a stray picket Is shot, as he walks on his beat, to and fro, By a rifleman hid in the thicket. "Tis nothing : a private or two now and then Will not count in the news of the battle ; Not an officer lost, only one of the men Moaning out all alone the death-rattle." All quiet along the Potomac...
370. oldal - Wet with the rain, the Blue; Wet with the rain, the Gray. Sadly, but not with upbraiding The generous deed was done ; In the storm of the years that are fading, No braver battle was won ; Under the sod and the dew, Waiting the judgment day ; Under the blossoms, the Blue ; Under the garlands, the Gray.
430. oldal - Is true Freedom but to break Fetters for our own dear sake, And, with leathern hearts, forget That we owe mankind a debt? No! true freedom is to share All the chains our brothers wear, And, with heart and hand, to be Earnest to make others free!