Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action annual appears Application appointed attention average borough called carried cause Clerk committee common condition considerable considered contained Council course death-rate deaths diphtheria direct disease drain drainage effect enteric epidemic equal estimated existing experience fact fatal fever further give given Government Board hospital important improvement increase infection inlet inspector interest less living London matter means medical officer meeting milk months mortality necessary notice nuisance occurred Officer of Health opinion passed persons pipe poison population practice present Public Health question received recent referred regard removed result Rural Sanitary Sanitary Authority Sanitary District sewage sewers showed small-pox Society Street supply taken tion towns Urban Sanitary Authority ventilation week whole zymotic diseases
250. oldal - Whenever any householder shall know that any person within his family is taken sick with the small-pox or any other disease dangerous to the public health, he shall immediately give notice thereof to the Hoard of Health, or to the health officer of the township in which he resides; and if he shall refuse or neglect to give such notice, he shall forfeit a sum not exceeding one hundred dollars.
23. oldal - For the purposes of this act, 1. any premises in such a state as to be a nuisance or injurious to health; 2.
110. oldal - It shall not be lawful for any person following the trade of cowkeeper or dairyman to begin to occupy as a dairy or cowshed any building not so occupied at the commencement of this Order...
90. oldal - Any medical officer of health or inspector of nuisances may at all reasonable times inspect and examine any animal carcase meat poultry game flesh fish fruit vegetables corn bread flour or milk exposed for sale, or deposited in any place for the purpose of sale, or of preparation for sale, and intended for the food of man...
233. oldal - In determining whether an offence has been committed under section six of the said Act by selling, to the prejudice of the purchaser spirits not adulterated otherwise than by the admixture of water, it shall be a good defence to prove that such admixture has not reduced the spirit more than twenty-five degrees under proof for brandy, whisky, or rum, or thirty-five degrees under proof for gin.
110. oldal - For the inspection of cattle in dairies, and for prescribing and regulating the lighting, ventilation, cleansing, drainage, and water supply of dairies and cow-sheds in the occupation of persons following the trade of cowkeepers or dairymen.
67. oldal - Of equal; seeing either sex alone Is half itself, and in true marriage lies Nor equal, nor unequal: each fulfils Defect in each, and always thought in thought, Purpose in purpose, will in will, they grow, The single pure and perfect animal, The two-cell'd heart beating, with one full stroke, Life.
266. oldal - ... (3) He shall by inspection of the district, both systematically at certain periods, and at intervals, as occasion may require, keep himself informed of the conditions injurious to health existing therein.
271. oldal - Establishment for 1854 it is stated "that the vaccine lymph does not lose any of its prophylactic power by a continued transit through successive subjects." Such an unqualified belief is not, however, by any means universal, as shown in various parts of the evidence collected by Mr.