Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acid action anatomy ancient animal antiquity appears applied arms become Belles Lettres body botany branch called carried cause church colour common consists containing court covered denotes Dictionary distinguished divided earth effect England epithet equal express feet figure fire flowers fluid four genus geometry give given Greeks head heat hence iron Italy kind king known land language leaves less light Literary Treasury living manner matter means measure medicine ment metal motion natural object observed officer origin particular pass person piece plants present principal produced quantity received Roman round Scientific and Literary sense serving ship side signifies sometimes sort species stone substance supposed surface term thing tion tree usually various vessel whole
162. oldal - British islands were declared to be in a state of blockade" thereby subjecting to capture and condemnation all vessels, with their cargoes, which should continue to trade with...
333. oldal - The vis inertiae is a passive Principle by which Bodies persist in their Motion or Rest, receive Motion in proportion to the Force impressing it, and resist as much as they are resisted. By this Principle alone there never could have been any Motion in the World.
409. oldal - ... number of the caterpillars are placed at the bottom. A peculiar species is chosen, which spins a strong web; and the animals commence at the bottom, eating and spinning their way up to the top, carefully avoiding every part touched by the oil, but devouring every other part of the paste.
414. oldal - Municipal law, thus understood, is properly defined to be a 'rule of civil conduct prescribed by the supreme power in a state, commanding what is right and prohibiting what is wrong.
401. oldal - As many as appear upon this panel are sworn upon the grand jury, to the amount of twelve at the least, and not more than twenty-three ; that twelve may be a majority.
469. oldal - MISUAH, the code or collection of the civil law of the Jews. The Jews pretend that when God gave the written law to Moses, he gave him also another not written, which was preserved by tradition among the doctors of the synagogue, till Rabbi...
167. oldal - Ireland, and to the churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?
195. oldal - Descent is lineal, when it proceeds directly from the grandfather to the father, from the father to the son, and...
218. oldal - Strip the body, and rub it dry ; then wrap it in hot blankets, and place it in a warm bed, in a warm chamber.