The Confession of Faith: The Larger and Shorter Catechism with the Scripture-proofs at Large. Together with the Sum of Saving Knowledge (contained in the Holy Scriptures, and Held Forth in the Said Confession and Catechisms,) and Pratical Use Therof, Covenants, National and Solemn League. Acknowledgement of Sins, and Engagement to Duties. Directories for Publik and Family Worship. Form of Church-government, Ed., of Publick Authority in the Church of Scotland. With Acts of Assembly and Parliament, Relative To, and Approbative of the Same
Sir D. Hunter Blair and J. Bruce, 1810 - 600 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able according Acts Assembly behold believe blessed blood body bread brethren bring called cause church commandment covenant curse dead death doctrine doth duty earth eternal evil eyes faith Father fear flesh gave gift give given glory God's gospel grace hand hath hear heart heaven holy honour Israel Jesus Christ John judge judgment justified keep king kingdom knowledge live Lord Lord Jesus Lord's minister nature obedience offer ourselves peace perfect persons pray prayer preach promise Psal publick receive righteousness saith salvation saved scripture sent servant serve sins soul speak Spirit teach thee thereof thine things thou hast thou shalt tion true truth turn unto viii walk Wherefore wherein worship wrath written
192. oldal - And God said, Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed ; to you it shall be for meat.
221. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
374. oldal - And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
574. oldal - Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves : for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
339. oldal - See that ye refuse not him that speaketh : for if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven...
389. oldal - For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
217. oldal - For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
206. oldal - Who in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto Him that was able to save Him from death, and was heard in that He feared...
407. oldal - And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day : and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.