Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aberdeen ALMIGHTY Amen appear attention Boethius Boswell charity Christ our Lord church considered crime danger death degree desire diligence Divine Dunvegan duty easily Easter endeavour equally errour Erse etermal everlasting happiness evil favour fear Floretta folly Fort Augustus frequently GEORGE STRAHAN grant Habit heart Hebrides Highlands honour hope human ibid imagination Inch Kenneth inhabitants inquire islands Jesus Christ labour laird laws less Lilinet live Maclean mankind marriage merciful Father mind misery nature neglect ness never night observed obtain opinion ourselves pain passions perhaps piety pleasure practice prayed prayer precepts pride publick Raasay reason received religion repentance resolutions sacrament sake of Jesus Scotland September 18 Slanes castle soul suffer supposed tacksman Taisch temptations Thee things Thou hast Thou shalt thoughts thy Holy Spirit tion truth Ulva vanity viii virtue wickedness
371. oldal - And He took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
145. oldal - We were now treading that illustrious island, which was once the luminary of the Caledonian regions, whence savage clans and roving barbarians derived the benefits of knowledge, and the blessings of religion. To abstract the mind from all local emotion would be impossible, if it were endeavoured, and would be foolish, if it were possible.
397. oldal - I have seen all the works that are done under the sun ; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
375. oldal - Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,
197. oldal - This opinion, which perhaps prevails as far as human nature is diffused, could become universal only by its truth : those, that never heard of one another, would not have agreed in a tale which nothing but experience can make credible. That it is doubted by single cavillers, can very little weaken the general evidence ; and some who deny it with their tongues confess it by their fears.
197. oldal - Imlac,) I will not undertake to maintain, against the concurrent and unvaried testimony of all ages, and of all nations. There is no people, rude or learned, among whom apparitions of the dead are not related and believed. This opinion, which prevails as far as human nature is diffused, could become universal only by its truth...
486. oldal - Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
345. oldal - Riches profit not in the day of wrath : but righteousness delivereth from death.
466. oldal - They cannot mean that," answered Mr. Mertonn, " for our Lord has also told us to let our light so shine before men, that they may see our good works, and glorify our Father Which is in Heaven...
283. oldal - ... commemoration available to the confirmation of my faith, the establishment of my hope, and the enlargement of my charity; and make the death of thy Son JESUS CHRIST effectual to my redemption. Have mercy upon me, and pardon the multitude of my offences. Bless my friends ; have mercy upon all men. Support me, by thy Holy Spirit, in the days of weakness, and at the hour of death ; and receive me, at my death, to everlasting happiness, for the sake of JESUS CHRIST. Amen.