Discourses on the Condition and Duty of Unconverted Sinners: On the Sovereignty of Grace in the Conversion of Sinners; and on the Means to be Used in the Conversion of Our Neighbors
Eldad Lewis at the office of Lewis and Crowell, 1812 - 247 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Discourses on the Condition and Duty of Unconverted Sinners: On the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
able acceptable according answer apostle appear attainments believe bestow better blessings blood bring cause Christ claim command concerning condition conduct consider conversion danger death desire divine doctrine duty effect endeavor enter error eternal evidence evil expect eyes faith Father favor fruit gift give given glory God's gospel grace hath hear heard hearts holy hope iniquity Israel Jesus kind labor less light live Lord lusts means mercy minds natural necessary never obtain ourselves pardon partake Paul perform perhaps persons pleasure pray prayer preach present promises reason receive religion repentance requires rest riches righteousness salvation saved Scripture seek sense sensible shew sinners sins souls speak Spirit strength sufficient sure thing thou thoughts tion true trust truth turn unbelief unto wish word wrath
18. oldal - For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children : That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments...
171. oldal - Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out ; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there ; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
151. oldal - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering: for he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea, driven with the wind, and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
93. oldal - O Israel, return unto the Lord thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity. Take with you words, and turn to the Lord : say unto him, "Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.
133. oldal - Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
221. oldal - And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
61. oldal - Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
179. oldal - But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost...
199. oldal - Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him ; let him know that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.