Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
amount appears applied armour plates armour-plates axis backing bars beam becomes bolts bottom breaking calculated carry cast iron centre charge compared compression consideration considered construction deck depth determine diameter direction distance double dynamic resistance effect entirely equal experiments facts feet fired force fracture frames give given greater greatest guns hole important inches thick increased iron plates iron ship joints length load lower manufacture material Mean metal nearly necessary observed obtained planking powers practice present pressure principle produced question ratio regards remarks resistance respectively rifled rivets round rupture shell shot shown side similar solid square inch steel strain strength supported TABLE thickness tion tons transverse upper varies vessels weight whole wood wrought iron
15. oldal - WILLICH'S POPULAR TABLES for ascertaining; the Value of Lifehold, Leasehold, and Church Property, Renewal Fines, &c...
6. oldal - Vol, III. Operative Surgery, Diseases of the Organs of Circulation, Locomotion, &c. 21s. Vol. IV. Diseases of the Organs of Digestion, of the Genitourinary System, and of the Breast, Thyroid Gland, and Skin ; with APPENDIX and GENERAL INDEX.
8. oldal - HANDBOOK of the STEAM ENGINE. By the same Author, forming a KEY to the Catechism of the Steam Engine, with 67 Woodcuts.
10. oldal - PRINCIPLES of EDUCATION Drawn from Nature and Revelation, and applied to Female Education in the Upper Classes. By the same. 2 vols. fcp. 12s. 6d. The WIFE'S MANUAL: or. Prayers, Thoughts, and Songs on Several Occasions of a Matron's Life.
12. oldal - VISITS to REMARKABLE PLACES: Old Halls, Battle-Fields, and Scenes Illustrative of Striking Passages in English History and Poetry. By WILLIAM HOWITT. 2 vols. square crown 8vo. with Wood Engravings, price 25s. . The RURAL LIFE of ENGLAND. By the same Author. With Woodcuts by Bewick and Williams. Medium 8vo. 12s. 6d. Works of Fiction. LATE LAURELS : a Tale. By the Author of