Sport in British Burmah, Assam, and the Cassyah and Jyntiah Hills: With Notes of Sport in the Hilly Districts of the Northern Division, Madras Presidency, Indicating the Best Localities in Those Countries for Sport, with Natural History Notes, Illustrations of the People, Scenery, and Game, Together with Maps to Guide the Traveller Or Sportsman, and Hints on Weapons, Fishing-tackle, Etc., Best Suited for Killing Game Met with in Those Provinces, 2. kötet
Chapman and Hall, 1879
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
animal Assam bank Barry beast beat bison boat bolted brought buffaloes bull Burmah called camp caught charged close cloth coolies Cossyahs covered cross dead deer Demy 8vo Edition eight elephant feet fired fish five followed four fresh gave getting give gone grass half head heard heavy herd hills horns hour Illustrations inches island ITALY jungle killed Large crown 8vo leave live looking lost mahseer March marks miles missed morning mounted move nearly never night numerous once passed plains rain reached rhinoceros rifle river road round route sambur seen sent shooting shot side soon sport started stream thought tiger took tracks traps trees trip turned village vols wanted whilst whole wild wounded yards young
12. oldal - Arranged to meet the requirements of the Syllabus of the Science and Art Department of the Committee of Council on Education, South Kensington.
17. oldal - Large crown 8vo, as. 6d. MANUAL OF DESIGN, compiled from the Writings and Addresses of RICHARD REDGRAVE, RA By GILBERT R. REDGRAVE. With Woodcuts. Large crown 8vo, 25. 6d. PERSIAN ART. By MAJOR R. MURDOCK SMITH, RE Second Edition, with additional Illustrations.
15. oldal - THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES: An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. Royal 8vo, 8s.
5. oldal - Assaying : As applied to the Manufacture of Iron from its Ores, and to Cast Iron, Wrought Iron, and Steel, as found in Commerce.
8. oldal - A DESCRIPTIVE AND ILLUSTRATED CATALOGUE OF THE BRONZES OF EUROPEAN ORIGIN in the SOUTH KENSINGTON MUSEUM, with an Introductory Notice. Royal 8vo, half-morocco, A DESCRIPTIVE AND ILLUSTRATED CATALOGUE OF MAIOLICA, HISPANO-MORESCO, PERSIAN DAMASCUS, AND RHODIAN WARES in the SOUTH KENSINGTON MUSEUM.
21. oldal - The type has been cast especially for it, and the page is of a si2e to admit of the introduction of all the original illustrations. No such attractive issue has been made of the writings of Mr. Dickens, which, various as have been the forms of publication adapted to the demands...
5. oldal - Edition, Post 8vo, cloth, 5s. OUTLINES OF THE HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. Ninth Edition. Post 8vo, cloth, 2s. 6d.
12. oldal - POLLEN (JH}— ANCIENT AND MODERN FURNITURE AND WOODWORK IN THE SOUTH KENSINGTON MUSEUM. With an Introduction, and Illustrated with numerous Coloured Photographs and Woodcuts. Royal 8vo, half-morocco, £i is.