Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantage allies ancient appeared arms army Asia Assyria attacked attempted authority battle became began body brought called cause celebrated Charles chief Christian church civil claims coast colonies command commenced complete conquest continued court crown danger death defeated dominions duke east Egypt emperor empire enemies engaged England English entered established Europe favor followed forced formed France French gained gave Germany greater Greece Greek hand head hundred important invaded island Italy king kingdom land length Lord marched monarch murdered natural nobles obtained papacy passed peace Persian person pope possession prepared prince principal probably provinces raised received reign resolved restored revolt rival river Romans Rome scarcely secure senate sent severe soldiers soon sovereign Spain subjects succeeded success successor taken thousand throne tion took trade tribes victory wars western
771. oldal - ... where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice? and let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.
40. oldal - So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets. And it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.
178. oldal - John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire...
179. oldal - And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul : neither said any of them that aught of the things which he possessed was his own } but they had all things common.
177. oldal - Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
179. oldal - Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, and cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. And they stoned Stephen, las he was] calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
44. oldal - Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and inquire of her.
179. oldal - And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.
55. oldal - For he sacrificed unto the gods of Damascus which smote him ; and he said, Because the gods of the kings of Syria help them, therefore will I sacrifice to them, that they may help me : but they were the ruin of him, and of all Israel.