An Historical and Literary Account of the Formularies, Confessions of Faith, Or Symbolic Books, of the Roman Catholic, Greek, and Principal Protestant Churches
A.J. Valpy, 1816 - 200 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acknowledge admit adopted answer appears Archbishop authority Baptism believe Bible Bishop blood body Bossuet called Calvinists Catechism Catholic CHAPTER Christian Church of England Church of Rome communities Confession of Faith consequence considered contained controversy Convocation copies Council creed direction discipline divine Doctor doctrine ecclesiastical edition English established expressed Father France given Greek hands held History Holy important Jesus Christ justification King language Latin learned letter living Lord Lutheran manner matters mentioned ministers nature notes object observed opinion Order of St original particular party Patriarch persons points Pope Prayer present principles printed professed Protestant published Quakers question received reformed reign religion religious remain respect Roman Roman-catholic rule Sacrament sacred says scriptures seems sins spirit Symbolic Books things third tion translation Trent true universal whole wish writer
71. oldal - Whosoever shall hereafter affirm, that any of the nine and thirty articles agreed upon by the archbishops and bishops of both provinces, and the whole clergy, in the convocation holden at London, in the year of Our Lord God one thousand five hundred sixty-two, for the avoiding of diversities of opinions, and for the establishing of consent touching true religion...
73. oldal - The Church hath power to decree Rites or Ceremonies, and authority in Controversies of Faith : and yet it is not lawful for the Church to ordain any thing that is contrary to God's Word written, neither may it so expound one place of Scripture, that it be repugnant to another.
9. oldal - I also profess and undoubtedly receive all other things delivered, defined, and declared by the sacred canons, and GENERAL COUNCILS, and particularly by the holy council of Trent ; and likewise I also condemn, reject, and anathematize all things contrary thereto, and all heresies whatsoever, condemned, rejected, and anathematized by the church.
7. oldal - God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father; by whom all things were made; who, for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven...
7. oldal - God of God, Light of Light, Very God of very God, Begotten, not made, Being of one substance with the Father, By whom all things were made: Who for us men, and for our salvation came down from heaven, And was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary, And was made man, And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate.
74. oldal - Wherefore, although the Church be a witness and a keeper of Holy Writ, yet, as it ought not to decree any thing against the same, so besides the same ought it not to enforce any thing to be believed for necessity of Salvation.
8. oldal - I profess, likewise, that in the mass there is offered to God a true, proper, and propitiatory sacrifice for the living and the dead ; and that in the most holy sacrament of the eucharist, there is truly, really, and substantially, the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ...
67. oldal - ... dominions and countries, as well in all spiritual or ecclesiastical things or causes, as temporal, and that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate, hath, or ought to have, any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence, or authority, ecclesiastical or spiritual, within...
8. oldal - ... judge of the true sense and interpretation of the scriptures : neither will I ever take and interpret them otherwise, than according to the unanimous consent of the fathers.