Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Song of Songs, Which Is by Solomon: A New Translation: With a Commentary ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
The Song of Songs, Which Is by Solomon: A New Translation with a Commentary ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
admitted affection allegory ancient appears applied beautiful Behold believers beloved bride bridegroom called chap character Christ Christian church circumstance compared conceive considered critics daughters described divine doubt eastern employed expression eyes father figurative flowers former fruits garden give gold gospel grace hand Harmer hath head heart Hebrew holy horses Hoxton idea instance intended Jewish Jews kind king language learned lilies literal Lord manner mark marriage means nature night notes object observe original particularly passages perhaps Persian person poem poetic poetry poets present probably prophets psalm refer remark rendered respect sacred says seems sense Solomon Song soul speak Spirit spouse suppose term thee thine things thou tion tower translators tree true unto verse vineyard virgins voice wine writers
273. oldal - When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys : I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.
178. oldal - Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel ; but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
302. oldal - Walk about Zion, and go round about her : Tell the towers thereof. Mark ye well her bulwarks, Consider her palaces ; That ye may tell it to the generation following : For this God is our God for ever and ever : He will be our guide even unto death.
14. oldal - God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness : because that which may be known of God is manifest in them ; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead : so that they are without excuse.
208. oldal - O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is, 2 to see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
135. oldal - Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
153. oldal - Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands, that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives, while they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
5. oldal - And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.