Ecce Homo!, Or, a Critical Inquiry Into the History of Jesus of Nazareth: Being a Rational Analysis of the Gospels
proprietors of the Philosophical Library under the patronage of the New-York Free Press Association, 1827 - 212 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Ecce Homo!, Or, a Critical Inquiry Into the History of Jesus of Nazareth ...
Daniel Isaac Eaton
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2013
according afterwards answer apostles appears asked authority become believe better bishops body born called cause Christians church conduct continually credulous cure dead death devil disciples divine doctors doubt earth enemies enter established evangelists examine eyes fact faith father favor gave give gospel hand heaven Holy ignorant inspired interest Jerusalem Jesus Jews John Joseph king knew lived Luke manner Mark marvellous Mary master Matthew means messiah minds miracle mission mother nature necessary never observe occasion opinion party passed perceive performed perhaps persons possessed preach prediction present pretended priests promised prophecy prophets punishment reason received regarded religion render resurrection Roman secret sect seems seen soon speak Spirit suffer sufficient suppose tell thing tion took true truth understand wished witnesses woman wonders
53. oldal - Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world ! This is he of whom I said. After me cometh a man which is preferred before me : for he was before me.
132. oldal - Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
41. oldal - And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.
62. oldal - Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen ; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things...
52. oldal - I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire...
30. oldal - To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David ; and the virgin's name was Mary.
22. oldal - The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, Nor a lawgiver from between his feet, Until Shiloh come ; And unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
29. oldal - So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.