Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admitted appears appointed argument authority believe Bishop body called Camb cause charge Charles Christ Christian Church of England Coll College common considered death divine doctrine doubt duty ecclesiastical effect established evidence examination Exeter expression fact faith Father feel George give given Gospel Hall hand head Henry Holy hope important interest James Jesus John John's King knowledge late less letter Lincoln living London Lord manner matter means mind nature never notice object observations opinion Oxford person practice Prayer present principle prove question readers reason received reference Reformation religion remarks respect Schools Scripture sense sermon Society soul speak spirit thing Thomas tion Towgood Trin Trinity true truth University whole writings York
648. oldal - And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
716. oldal - God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence.
41. oldal - And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
566. oldal - Six days shall thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shall not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates...
515. oldal - Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies : for they are ever with me. 99 I have more understanding than my teachers : for thy testimonies are my study.
648. oldal - Let no man deceive you by any means ; for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
648. oldal - For the mystery of iniquity doth already work ; only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way ; and then shall that wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming...
74. oldal - Original sin standeth not in the following of Adam — as the Pelagians do vainly talk — but it is the fault and corruption of the nature of every man, that naturally is engendered of the offspring of Adam ; whereby man is very far gone from original righteousness, and is of his own nature inclined to evil, so that the Flesh lusteth always contrary to the Spirit; and therefore, in every person born into this world, it deserveth God's wrath and damnation.
227. oldal - The church hath power to decree rites and ceremonies, and authority in controversies of faith...
288. oldal - He made the worlds ; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high ; being made so much better than the angels, as He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.